The UK is Scorchio! (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:43
In Australia were have been having record floods. At the end of February the river went over the levee wall in my town for the first time ever when most of the river's catchment received over a metre of rain in two days. It wiped out the city of Lismore with river heights nearly two metres higher than ever before. Much of the CBD was submerged right over the rooves of many buildings. A thousand houses in that city alone were condemned as permanently uninhabitable and there was no power for several weeks. Their sewerage plant was destroyed and raw sewage has been going down the river for months. Many people are still living in tents today.

Then it happened again a month later. Although not as high as the February flood this one was among the three highest on record. The rain just keeps on coming back. We were spared the latest round a couple of weeks ago when record floods hit further south. Some places down there have been hit by record floods four times in eighteen months.

We had heatwaves and massive fires that went on for months in 2019. Whole towns burnt down.
Man that's pretty serious stuff. I'm sorry to hear about that.
Hundreds of homes in London burned down over the past few days too with crazy fires etc.
I think the worst is the combination stuff when you're dealing with two extremes at the same time like flooding and heat that's really tough. Hope things get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom