The Worlds Most Perfect Database (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:07
One of my long held beliefs is that business / government should be run like successful sports organisations. That is, a VERY good coach, backed by a VERY good development team and a VERY good selection policy.

Immediately to mind, over a century or more, the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team(s)
You omitted also that sports coaches get replaced very quickly if they don't deliver the desired results.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:07
You omitted also that sports coaches get replaced very quickly if they don't deliver the desired results.

Not necissarily omitted, just taken as given. In business, most of the 'team' gets sacked long before the bad coach (& they usually get a huge bonus for their failure)

Sort of emphasises my point

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:07
The Justice System:
Let's begin with the death penalty. Given the worlds economic position, who can afford the cost of feeding these parasites 3 times a day for 20-30-40 etc years?????

Not a rational system.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Any Australians out there!

This thread mentions forest fires in Australia in 2009, the way the news is being presented at the moment it's like the Australian fires as something new. It looks to me like you have them on regular basis, at least every 10 years!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Tony, I've noticed you've been bumping a great many threads lately. why is that? ;)
Morning Adam, I'm working on a very difficult project at the moment and I need an occasional distraction to keep my sanity... I won't be able to interact on AWF much because I have a deadline looming for this project, so I apologise in advance for not responding quickly and appropriately.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 16:07
Morning Adam, I'm working on a very difficult project at the moment and I need an occasional distraction to keep my sanity.
is it a secret? u secretly working for the NSA in fort meade? ;)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
If I told you....
speaking of secrets tony....I went into my cell phone carrier's office the other day to complain about the clicking sounds on the phone, so they "cleaned out the line" in an effort to get rid of interference. the tech lead there told me that 4G phone lines are so secure, that the chance of someone listening to my phone calls is virtually impossible. I told him he was wrong, but of course he said the opposite. so they did their thing, and the clicking and beeping keeps on happening. so he said if that does keep happening, to bring the phone back in and they'll send it to the higher-ups. so that's where I'm at now....

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
the chance of someone listening to my phone calls is virtually impossible. I told him he was wrong,

What do you think of the use of face recognition software in public places?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
What do you think of the use of face recognition software in public places?
I have yet to see it used in any public place in my area of the world. where have you seen it? If I ever run into a place like that, it would be pretty much irrevelant because you can see my face just about on any internet forum there is. furthermore, my name is also well known by the USA government by now, due to the 3 reports I've sent to the FBI's headquarters in Washington DC.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sending reports to the FBI? If it was about your phone, Adam, that was probably counter-productive since they are most likely the ones listening to you in preparation for a sedition case. Post a lot here while you can because once you disappear, we won't see or hear from you again.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Sending reports to the FBI? If it was about your phone, Adam, that was probably counter-productive since they are most likely the ones listening to you in preparation for a sedition case. Post a lot here while you can because once you disappear, we won't see or hear from you again.
i was *not* about the phone, Doc. It was about a romance scammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom