Themes to skin the forum (1 Viewer)

Would you like to have a choice of skins for the forum?

• Dark Theme

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Minimalist

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No thanks, fine as it is

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:33
Access World Forums used to always have the vBulletin look. Now that look has changed after migrating to Xenforo. But perhaps you don't like the colours here, or would like an alternative? Take our poll!

Just to be clear, I am talking about having an option where you can change the theme yourself out of a limited choice. It is a case of personalisation.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:33
I'm good with the way it is but i'm easy to please. Have any screenshots of the other choices?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have to buy the other choices, so nothing yet. But an example could be something like this:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Jon (no longer Jon12345 ?)
I am more than happy with what we have now? Thank you.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I updated it. I was Jon on the previous forum.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:33
I would say that themes are less important than content. If you get crazy one day and feel you HAVE to diddle with something, go ahead. But I am quite sure you have enough diddling already going on so as to keep you busier than a cat with nine kittens.

deletedT

Local time
I voted no. I won't apply any other theme than the default one.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:33
Content is very important, but for people with visual impairment the presentation might make the difference between an usable site and a completely unusable site. - So, it might have a benefit beyond just geeky fiddling.
That being said, I think the current theme is pretty clean and tidy and should not be unusable for anyone.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There is all the rage about Dark Themes nowadays. Might be useful during the late evening hours?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It's getting neck and neck...

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:33
It would be nice to a have a few options that allow the user to select what fits them. I love the dark theme the most, but depending on the setting, it might be nice to have a drop down to choose from.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, the is little to stop me from adding other themes. I wanted to start off with a dark theme because they are all the rage. And I;m also learning as I go. But I agree, have another theme or two too. Not too many, else you end up dissatisfied with too much choice! But wouldn't it be nice for people to at least have a choice, as the default might not be to their taste.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I wanted to start off with a dark theme because they are all the rage.

The new forum software is a pleasure to use, looks good, and the dark theme is the icing on the cake for me!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm glad you like it Uncle. I know everything is down to taste. Don't think there is a leopard skin theme.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It's too late to get roped into that, but I am about to upload another theme!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
There is all the rage about Dark Themes nowadays. Might be useful during the late evening hours?
So is wearing your trousers halfway down your legs, but I prefer to keep mine around my waist. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think the option for themes is a good one although I prefer white - as mentioned on the other thread, currently logged out users (and I presume this includes guests) see the 'shades of grey' theme. And I'm an receiving all notifications as shades of grey regardless. Makes it difficult to find the 'view this thread' button which is now just white on black i.e. no highlighted background

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom