Things I nearly did right (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 21:20
Having done nearly every thing right when doing a bit of DIY at the weekend I got bitten by my circular saw. Not badly but blood was drawn.

Guards were all in place but rebate piece I was cutting out jammed under guard. Left hand Finger ON TOP OF GUARD to ease it back a touch, Right hand holding wood moved slightly, saw bit, wood kicked and the rest is history as they say. Seemed reasonable at the time

I did nearly everything right and took no obvious risks (I thought) but got bitten

Any other experiences people would like to share

L

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 22:20
Too bad Len, but appearantly you're still able to type .

Next time you might consider wearing a helmet :

Len Boorman

Local time
Corse i kan stil tipe.

ow do i get the cat to protect my fingers.... maybe i shuld not ask

Len Boorman

Local time
Oh yes... obvious when you think about it :)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 22:20
Lol :D

Here's one of my stories :

The other day, I had a gig in Amsterdam and some 10 minutes before our appearance, my (tube) amplifier started to make strange noises. So I opened it and after a quick inspection we decided to replace one of the main condensators close to the power transformer.
Just in time, because the moment we finished the repair, we had to start playing. So on stage, I switched the amplifier on , which resulted in a huge explosion. The audience started to applaud since this was the first time they ever experienced a sort of jazz group playing music with Rock & Roll attributes !!!.
Luckily none of the group members got hurt, but I had to pass the first 20 minutes of the gig playing without a guitar amplifier. Rather embarrassing. :eek:

Len Boorman

Local time
Sounds like you made an impact

L

Last edited:

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 13:20
re - wire a couple of power sockets in my house - kept the power on of course so I could use the drill to cut out a new hole in the plaster ......

Yep.. electric shock , but to cap it all I could not belive I got a shock, I lifted the wires to see where i had got a shock from and you guessed got another one ...

gifted like that I am ..

the list could go on and on my partner has put her foot down and will not let me have a chainsaw, upon reflection she may be right
g

Len Boorman

Local time
Hey Gary

If you cannot have a chainsaw there is a new tool from B & D Alligator. Sort of long handled pruner. Instead of blade has mini chainsaw so would only do a little damage and the long handles do keep you away from the business end as well

L

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 16:20
chainsaws scare me. i was cutting up a tree once and the thing kicked up on me and cut into the brim of my hat. luckily i was wearing one or i wouldnt be as pretty as i am now!

Len Boorman

Local time
Nearly a close shave then eh

But where you doing everything right ?.

Murphey's Law... If it can go wrong it will

Murphey was an optomist

L

GaryPanic

Local time
See it - tried to get one -
She who must be obeyed laid the law down - said i would probably put my neck in it -
she's only just allowed me access to crayon...

Had the plumbing done when we moved and I saw a loose floorboard - you can see where i am going with this - whats the plumbers number again...

Rewire the telephone - wrong - ended up with the police coming round ..

Tried plastering - let not even go there

not everything i touch is a diasater .

did a bit of fencing afterthe recent winds - thats still standing although we have not had any strong winds since

Fell off a ladder while I was painting the outside of the house I was standing on the top rung and at full stretch just to get those last few inches of wall ended up falling off and covered in paint - wet myself laughing though ..

rainman89

Local time
yes i was doing it right. hit a knot in the wood! scared me. im still weiry when it comes to using one.
Ive come to grips with murpheys law. I believe that man was a genious

*if it weren't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all

Len Boorman

Local time
Hey Gary

Is your real name Frank Spencer :)

For those not old enough to recognise the name google it

L

GaryPanic

Local time
no berret or mac

and no high pitched voice - yes it does look a bit like that - but it has been over a period of say 15 years- so it does average out more that it sounds .

Whats worse is that my partner and I are trying to grow as much fruit and veg as poss - now its the "good life"

Len Boorman

Local time
Cannot wait to hear about the "motorised" transport or the "methane digester"

L

GaryPanic

Local time
not that big a garden .. otherwise - and the neighbours might get upset over any pigs that we might get - had threaten to get chickens - but as I live in Woodland Trust area (for the non Brits Woodland trust is an area bought by a trust and left as forest - no one can build on it- tighter then green belt)- foxes are a problem as are bears , well the bears might be a slight exageration- Badgers are a problem mean little buggers -

Len Boorman

Local time
Hale from Kent myself

Chatham. ex Dockyard apprentice... many years ago.... glad there are still some green bits cos it seemed most was getting concreted.

Some of our US cousins will give advice on bears....

L

GaryPanic

Local time
RTW (Royal Tunbridge Wells) left hand side of Kent
ie disgusted of tunbridge wells ...

as you say most of it, is getting concreted over that why I bought my place and to my surprise found out the woodlands I back on to are Woodland Trust .FAB!!- my duaghter is gonna love going for walks in the woods seeing all the wild life, wild boar , deer , native tigers, tree rats

I am about 10 miles away from Pooh Bridge - and yes I have played pooh sticks on Pooh bridge . Magic - it should be an olmpic sport as it might be one we stand a chance of winning .

g

rainman89

Local time
well i, personally, have only met one bear in the wild. It was a cub. i tried to feed it a tomatoe. turns out they dont like tomatoes. he nipped my hand instead.
it wasnt one of my smartest moves.

Pooh Bridge - and yes I have played pooh sticks on Pooh bridge .
Best name ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom