Solved Tool for combining PDFs (1 Viewer)

nrgins

Local time
Today, 05:44
Does anyone know of an inexpensive tool that can be used to combine multiple PDFs into a single PDF through VBA without having Adobe Acrobat?

nrgins

Local time
How so?

nrgins

Local time
ha! I didn't notice it. It's late. I'm tired. LOL

OK, thanks! That looks like it might work.

nrgins

Local time
Did you visit the link?
OK, I downloaded the sample app and took a look at it. I see that it makes use of an html file "index-merge.html" that does the work, allowing the user to select files and click a button to merge them. Very cool!

Unfortunately, I need something completely under the hood, done exclusively within VBA, without user interaction.

Thus, I don't think that would work for me as-is.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:44
I haven't looked at the sample, but can't you just perform all the actions that are done via the form in VBA?

Unfortunately my version of Access is so old that I can't use the new browser control.

I'll try and have a look at the sample anyway to see if it's possible from the code if I get a moment later (or someone else might in the meanwhile)

nrgins

Local time
No, the controls aren't in Access. They're in the HTML file. Access is simply hosting the HTML file in the web browser control.

I mean, maybe there's a way to use it programmatically by setting the text box values and activating the button. And if someone knows how to do that, then that would be great to hear.

Also, the tool allows for up to two PDFs to merge together. I need to merge about six. I mean, I guess I could do it multiple times, two files at a time.

ebs17

Local time
Today, 12:44
Stephen Lebans' overall PDF creation solution no longer works, but parts of it do. Among other things, one of the two DLLs can be used to merge PDF files. Just copy the DLL to the application directory without any installation/registration.

nrgins

Local time
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I found a solution that works for me by the awesome Albert Kallal, as noted here.

This is a very simple solution that only requires putting a couple of DLLs on the system, and everything else is handled with a few lines of VBA code. So, a very clean, simple solution that is just what I was looking for.

Thanks again, everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom