Toolbar filters wanting parameter (1 Viewer)

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:33
Hi, I've done a bit of research, problem not found.
I have a tabbed form running from a multiple linked query.
I am using the Toolbar filters and right-click options to do basic sorts. It filters okay, sort of ...:rolleyes:
I get a parameter input box asking for the EmployeeID, which is present on the form (invisible) and present in the query.

See image attached... note the 'Calculating . . .' on the Status line. It stays there till you click OK. But when I navigate to the next filtered record, it appears again. ...and again for each record!

Any ideas anybody?:(

Attachments

• Filtering.gif
    Filtering.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 134

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
Do you have any code in the OnCurrent event?

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Yesterday, 22:33
You can clear the status bar with this:

Application.SysCmd acSysCmdClearStatus

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, thanks for your responses.

Bob: Nothing in the OnCurrent event, only a SetFocus On Open.

Moniker: Not really interested in clearing the Status Bar, guessing it will go away, once I figure out why the parameter window is popping up!

any other thoughts? :)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Is there a subform on any of the tabs?

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Yes Bob, there are 3 subforms, each on the right 3 tabs. I thought it might be a subform problem, but them I was able to use the filter/sort options on another form that also had a subform using the same EmployeeID link.
Still stumped.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Just thinking that one of the subforms have links set to the Employee ID but don't have the field in the recordsource.

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
boblarson said:
Just thinking that one of the subforms have links set to the Employee ID but don't have the field in the recordsource.

Pretty much on the button Bob. The CurrentJob subform, which I forgot was in the first tab. It's been there since the beginning so I'd forgotten that it was parameter driven. Didn't realise till I went back to the form I thought worked and found at the end when you removed the filter it came up with the same problem. The thing connecting the two was the fsubCurrentJob.

So I have put in a left join, can't think why I used a parameter initially. must have been early DB jitters:D

Anyway works fine now. Solution: If it says Parameter value! look for it!:eek:
thanks for the direction pointers:) :)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Glad to hear! I've had that problem before and it sometimes IS a bear trying to track it down; where exactly you have that. So, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom