Totals row to be permenantly added (1 Viewer)

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:49
Dear all ,

I have include totals roe for my queries by using totals function at the top of the ribbon , but sometimes as soon as I close & open my database , the row has to be again added by clicking the same function on the ribbon.
Is there any way to make the row stay there permanently ??

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:19
As far as I know, once you save the query with the Totals row selected, it will be there again when you open it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:19
As theDBguy suggests, you have to save the query in order to see the totals functionality, however you may have specified it. I'm rather surprised that when you closed the query after clicking the Totals function that it didn't ask you for permission to save changes. You would have realized that it needed saving at that time. So the question is, DID it ask? And did you click the Save option?

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your reply , I have saved for the first time when I added the totals row .But after I closed and open it it is not showing .then if I click totals button it apperas .
I have attached my database you can see the total complaints trend query

Attachments

• Customer service cell.zip
    259.6 KB · Views: 74

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:19
OK, based on some web research, the problem is that there is a querydefs property that you could use to show a totals row on ordinary queries and it is based on a QueryDefs flag called "TotalsRow" - which is not Boolean; it is a selector that could be used to show a bottom row of COUNT, SUM, AVG, or a few other things. That property does not exist on crosstab queries so there is no place to set it permanently. However, there MIGHT be a way for you to play with some VBA to alter the querydef to add the property.

See this link, posts #12 and #13, for a POSSIBLE way to play with the querydef and somehow save it with that property.

I have not tried this myself so cannot claim any knowledge of how to make it work, but another forum member, @theDBguy, was the source of this information on UA and might know more, although post #13 is not his.

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you , I will revert back after reading the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom