Two Questions! Triggers - Database window (1 Viewer)

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:23
Hi!
Two Questions!

1) Is it possible to create triggers in MS-Access? OR is it possible to record the system table's behaviour for insert,update and delete actions.

2) Is it possible to record the user's name/machine number if he/she made access to DATABASE window?

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:23
1) Search the forum for Audit Trail
2) Search the forum for the Environ() function

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 10:23
And just to further clarify -

No triggers in Access but Access 2010 has something new (Data Macros) which actually work off of table events so starting with Access 2010 you will actually have "triggers."

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:23
1) Search the forum for Audit Trail
2) Search the forum for the Environ() function

Great! ghudson :)

I found this one while googling for Audit trail, and it was from AWF and is your answer to somebody thread. its awesome.

Thanks, I will try for it, you know I have a log table where I store users information their machine numbers, user names, time-out, time-in bla bla whenever user login to the database.

I am recording the LoginID of the logintable on before update event of the form whenever user update or create new record.

However I am searching for a method where I should get the same results if somebody makes changes to the underline table directly. A TRIGGER should fire.

SOS, it would be fantastic if we get trigger type macros in 2010 version, I am using Access-2007.

Again thanks ghudson for your efforts, its awesome.

Also I am curious about the database window. I want to know and want to trap the thief who want to make access the DATABASE window.
for this I should have the link table on Admin panel which should record the main database activity whenever (my boss/my other colleague OR may be a THIEF hacker) want to make access to the DATABASE window

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom