Uncles Favourite Podcasts & Videos (2 Viewers)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:59
DON'T Click on the link below!

It will take you to a set of IT disaster stories that are compelling to read.... I've just escaped from this trap... You have been warned!!!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:59
ha! that first story is great. really reminds a person that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
everyone wonders what the "network guys" actually DO all day, until the files are gone from the folder.
(although in all honesty, I still kinda wonder what they do all day!)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Fascinating to learn about the world 2 million years ago from ancient DNA...

I was very impressed with both the interviewer and the interviewee.

The video does have overtones of indicating that climate change might not be such a bad thing as creatures will adapt but I think it's a bit too early to make that supposition.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:59
Not a Blog or Video - it's old fashioned "writing" - very good very well written interesting article....

I found this out about voles:

"Bonded prairie voles prefer to cuddle with a mate. Their bonds, which can last a lifetime, emerge after scandalously extensive mating."

My only question is, how do you define "scandalous" with respect to a vole?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I can't really put my finger on why I like this video? I can see it's computer generated. It got me to wondering that if an AI system could run the maths this video is based on and it runs through millions of scenarios, then there could be some fascinating insights into construction techniques.

Mind you I suspect they're doing things like this already!

I've joined the YouTube channel because there are some other interesting videos which I will have a look at eventually!

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
1000 Lego astronauts launched into space!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You gotta love America!!!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Gotta love cutesy dressed Asian tourists wandering around on someone's ranch arguing with them about philosophies of ownership, trying to poke a bear! Who's dumber in that video?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This video has a high nerd rating!

I liked the video a lot. It has a smattering of dad jokes. At first, I thought it was just a nostalgic look back through Dave's life, but towards the end Dave provided some excellent hints and tips on how to use task manager. I give the video 10 out of 10 on every aspect.

I particularly like the idea of killing kids!

And I've got a good tip to share with my son who recently got his helicopter licence!

I might be wrong here, but I seem to recall one of the default users on the forum was "Dave"? Is there any connection? @Jon

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I keep trying to watch bits of the video in between work but the AWF webpage re-sets the Play button from zero each few minute :(

Anyway, pretty interesting so far! Oh, for the olden days, when everyone was named Mark, Dave and Dave. I think half the people in that video are named Dave.
I also liked the bird feeder, almost made me want to try my hand at making a decorative bird feeder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom