Unintended Consequences from the Covid-19 Pandemic (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:08
Ex
Actually, many of us would prefer to just have the health experts give the update themselves. Would save us from having to do all that fact-checking ;)
Right? Except they will not cover it because of TDS

The left is desperate for a COVID-19 failure, otherwise it's four more years.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 07:08
Trump just agreed to "give" the people trillions of dollars. ....... Many people are collecting more on unemployment than they were earning as employees ....

@Pat Hartman and any other members from US
Not that I'm criticizing....Don't misunderstand me. The media always show one side of the truth. I'm just looking for answers to my questions.
Take your time and watch this 42 min documentary about Poverty In US.
Is what is shown true?

Last edited:

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 01:08
Regarding the first article, maybe pointing out what should be obvious needs to be done in order to highlight how dangerous some of these ideas are - and why his supporters should be against them.

That's the point. It's not that people actively wish for people to die.

Except for Maher, which may or may not be done for comedic or shock purposes.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
you guys are completely missing the point. it makes me pity you people to some degree.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If the protesters wore masks and stayed 6ft apart CNN and MSNBC would still find fault. Conversely if Antifa hurls rocks at bank buildings and journalists head then they are just exercising their constitutionally protected rights. Correct?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:08
@Pat Hartman and any other members from US
Not that I'm criticizing....Don't misunderstand me. The media always show one side of the truth. I'm just looking for answers to my questions.
Is what is shown true?
This video is anti-Trump propaganda. It is a sob story of selected individuals that you can have sympathy for. You say that "The media always show one side of the truth", well this video is totally one sided.

As a summary:
1. The video presents the narrative that if you are poor, that you are entitled to free stuff and that the government is obligated to take care or you.
2. The video proclaims that it is an outrage that poverty exists in California. The video neglects to point out that California for many years has been and continues to be controlled by Democrats. So the existence of poverty in California cannot be blamed on Trump. The video should be blaming the Democrats for failing to fulfill their campaign pledges of ending poverty and ending income inequality, etc.. Funny that the video fails to mention this little detail.
3. The video shows poor people being evicted as if it is the total fault of landlords. The video fails to mention the number of people, who take advantage of landlords and purposely do not pay their rent. Why did the video not interview a landlord? This implies that the video was making an adversarial political statement, not a balanced examination of the facts.
4. We live, at least we are supposed to anyway, in a capitalistic society. So people have an obligation to take care of themselves. Part of that problem is the breakdown of the family. It is not the responsibility of government
5. One of the themes is that people in certain areas can't afford to live there. Well, if that is the case, they need to move to another location were they can afford the rent.
6. The video notes that the US under Johnson established the Great Society program in 1963 to end poverty. Well, nearly 60 years later, under a variety or Presidents, both Democratic and Republican, we still have poverty. Poverty may actually be an unsolvable problem.

Poverty is a problem, but instead of selectively bashing the US, have you looked at the poverty rates in other countries?
It is my understanding that you live in Japan. I am not an expert concerning Japan, but a quick random check discloses that Japan seems to have some of the same shortcomings as the US.

Japanese women face a future of poverty, as confluence of factors conspire against them

Japan's rising child poverty exposes true cost of two decades of economic decline

Poverty in Japan

Poverty exists throughout the world. To specifically point a finger-of-blame at Trump concerning poverty considering that other countries have themselves not solved poverty is disingenuous.

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
This video is anti-Trump propaganda. It is a sob story of selected individuals that you can have sympathy for. You say that "The media always show one side of the truth", well this video is totally one sided.

As a summary:
1. The video presents the narrative that if you are poor, that you are entitled to free stuff and that the government is obligated to take care or you.
2. The video proclaims that it is an outrage that poverty exists in California. The video neglects to point out that California for many years has been and continues to be controlled by Democrats. So the existence of poverty in California cannot be blamed on Trump. The video should be blaming the Democrats for failing to fulfill their campaign pledges of ending poverty and ending income inequality, etc.. Funny that the video fails to mention this little detail.
3. The video shows poor people being evicted as if it is the total fault of landlords. The video fails to mention the number of people, who take advantage of landlords and purposely do not pay their rent. Why did the video not interview a landlord? This implies that the video was making an adversarial political statement, not a balanced examination of the facts.
4. We live, at least we are supposed to anyway, in a capitalistic society. So people have an obligation to take care of themselves. Part of that problem is the breakdown of the family. It is not the responsibility of government
5. One of the themes is that people in certain areas can't afford to live there. Well, if that is the case, they need to move to another location were they can afford the rent.
6. The video notes that the US under Johnson established the Great Society program in 1963 to end poverty. Well, nearly 60 years later, under a variety or Presidents, both Democratic and Republican, we still have poverty. Poverty may actually be an unsolvable problem.

Poverty is a problem, but instead of selectively bashing the US, have you looked at the poverty rates in other countries?
It is my understanding that you live in Japan. I am not an expert concerning Japan, but a quick random check discloses that Japan seems to have some of the same shortcomings as the US.

Japanese women face a future of poverty, as confluence of factors conspire against them

Japan's rising child poverty exposes true cost of two decades of economic decline

Poverty in Japan

Poverty exists throughout the world. To specifically point a finger-of-blame at Trump concerning poverty considering that other countries have themselves not solved poverty is disingenuous.
@Steve R. Thanks for watching and replying back your take on this.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:08
Not any political faction.
No. The left have almost complete control over mainstream media and the social media platforms and the most used search engines so YES, the left is controlling what people see and hear unless they step out and make an effort to find other opinions. I'm not saying that Fox isn't biased. But isn't it scary that one network stands alone against the rest of the world? Look at how the left wing media is handling the sexual assault accusations against Biden. What happened to "ALWAYS believe the woman." "Off with his head". I guess when the accusation is against one of theirs, we have to actually look at the facts. We can't just go off half cocked and crucify people. Looking at the facts is actual a rational position but they only give the benefit of the doubt to some one they don't want to be guilty. If they don't like you, they want you to be guilty and so they assume that you are guilty and act on that. Proof be damned.

I actually have a number friends who are Democrats. They haven't drunk the cool aid. They're just as horrified by what the left is doing as the rest of us are. They may not like Trump and they may disagree with many of his policies but they don't hate him. They don't think he has an evil intent and they don't think that every time he opens his mouth a lie comes out. There are rational people who are liberals and then there is the "left" which would silence free speech, promote abortion even when the mother is in labor, ban all fire arms. open our borders to allow anyone in with no regulation at all, give everyone a thousand dollars a month, make the minimum wage $15 or $50 or whatever they think it takes, stifle business with unnecessary controls, tax us to death because someone actually has to pay for the welfare state, etc.

Notice that Planned Parenthood offices are in poor, inner city areas. Who lives there? Who do the Progressives think are inferior people? Read about why Margret Sanger founded the organization. Look at the statistics. Do you realize that there are more abortions than live births in the African-American community in many areas? That is the face of evil. Not closing the border to immigration because we have 15 million AMERICANS out of work and until they have jobs, it is simply insane to import more cheap foreign labor at this time. Remember the airplane rule. Put your own facemask on first BEFORE you try to help anyone else.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Notice that Planned Parenthood offices are in poor, inner city areas. Who lives there? Who do the Progressives think are inferior people? Read about why Margret Sanger founded the organization. Look at the statistics. Do you realize that there are more abortions than live births in the African-American community in many areas? That is the face of evil. Not closing the border to immigration because we have 15 million AMERICANS out of work and until they have jobs, it is simply insane to import more cheap foreign labor at this time. Remember the airplane rule. Put your own facemask on first BEFORE you try to help anyone else.
🎯

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
once again you guys are missing the point. the cause of poverty is everyone's fault. it's a collective effort. it's a systemized failure type of thing. kind of like this:

system_failure.jpg

Japan is just one of many places that are causing their own destruction. If I were over in Japan for instance, I would visit many poor people and explain to them what the truth really is, and if they don't delve into despair because of what other people do to them, they will reap a great reward for their efforts. but alas, I'm not there.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Japan is just one of many places that are causing their own destruction. If I were over in Japan for instance, I would visit many poor people and explain to them what the truth really is, and if they don't delve into despair because of what other people do to them, they will reap a great reward for their efforts. but alas, I'm not there.
Huh?

deletedT

Local time
Japan is just one of many places that are causing their own destruction. If I were over in Japan for instance, I would visit many poor people and explain to them what the truth really is,

When @Steve R. talked and sent several links about poverty in Japan, I didn't replied back, just as a respect for his in-details description about the video. I didn't want to prove anything. I just wanted to know what's happening there.

I don't say my take on the difference between our poverty and yours, because again it will cause misunderstanding.
But believe me, you don't have the slightest idea about what our poverty is and how it is different with yours.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
But believe me, you don't have the slightest idea about what our poverty is and how it is different with yours.
what I just quoted of you tera, is completely irrelevant. the underlying cause is the same. I know more than you can imagine. and so does God. but of course, someone like you wouldn't recognize that, just like richard doesn't. I don't blame ya, so it's no big deal.

zeroaccess

Local time
what I just quoted of you tera, is completely irrelevant. the underlying cause is the same. I know more than you can imagine. and so does God. but of course, someone like you wouldn't recognize that, just like richard doesn't. I don't blame ya, so it's no big deal.
When is Jesus supposed to start flipping tables, again? Seems overdue, no?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
When is Jesus supposed to start flipping tables, again? Seems overdue, no?
you should know. on the last day. that's the day when the world fights with itself to such a degree that God and the son get so pissed off that the son returns to wreck havoc. if you haven't read it yet, it's called the Day of the Lord due to the Lord's wrath being poured out all at once.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I know more than you can imagine.

For your sake, I sincerely hope so, because many times I find it hard to imagine that you know anything at all.

Adam, I think you would agree that the Old Testament is going back pretty far. Deut 15:11 says "The land will never lack for needy persons." This theme occurs in the Bible many times, does it not? The last time is perhaps in Matthew 12:8, "You shall always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me." That quote drives people bonkers because the context makes its meaning somewhat ambiguous. However, many people believe that Jesus is quoting Deuteronomy at that point and then foreshadowing the crucifixion. But there is that parable of the sower and seeds again, which is yet another reminder that some fields do better than others, and the parallel is that some people do better than others. There will always be those whose nature it is to excel and those whose nature it is to lag behind.

You want to talk about why poverty exists? Because people are not all equal. There is a distribution of low, medium, and high performers. Perhaps not Gaussian, perhaps not Poissson - but there is a distribution of abilities. Those who have limited abilities will have limited resources. There is your underlying cause. Or do you have something more profound? And if so, can you kindly explain it?

You give me no credit, Adam, but then again, it is because you can't take off those blinders of yours for even a moment. Well, fine with me. Don't. But your blind reversion to religion while at the same time bemoaning the state of the world, disparaging companies that try to help people, and panning products that you don't like because you don't understand them... it is enough to make me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom