Unintended Consequences from the Covid-19 Pandemic (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 10:46
"You shall always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me." That quote drives people bonkers because the context makes its meaning somewhat ambiguous. However, many people believe that Jesus is quoting Deuteronomy at that point and then foreshadowing the crucifixion.
yes, that's right.
But there is that parable of the sower and seeds again, which is yet another reminder that some fields do better than others, and the parallel is that some people do better than others. There will always be those whose nature it is to excel and those whose nature it is to lag behind.
if you're talking about this:

that's not about people doing better than others. It's about proclaiming the gospel and what acceptances are seen after it is explained. that has nothing to do with peoples' skill levels and what they can materially do in the world.

but there is a distribution of abilities. Those who have limited abilities will have limited resources. There is your underlying cause. Or do you have something more profound? And if so, can you kindly explain it?
like all arguments between you and I sir, there is a material explanation and the truth of the spirit. your underlying cause stems from the segregational system the world has set up to keep itself from engaging in all out war like in the barbaric days. and the poor are tossed aside due to that warring system among the parties that belong to rich and able people. the truth of the spirit says that the poor are actually rich and will inherit virtually everything. furthermore, the rich and the unbelievers will inherit almost nothing.

that might not be a great explanation, but it's close.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:46
it is because you can't take off those blinders of yours for even a moment.
The weird thing is he takes the blinders off to talk to us. He talks as though he is in the 3rd person. As though his words have no consequences, when clearly most religions have severe consequences for leading or misleading the flock astray.

zeroaccess

Local time
If you stop telling people it's all sorted out after they're dead, they might try sorting it out while they're alive.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 16:46
you should know. on the last day. that's the day when the world fights with itself to such a degree that God and the son get so pissed off that the son returns to wreck havoc. if you haven't read it yet, it's called the Day of the Lord due to the Lord's wrath being poured out all at once.

When I read your posts, it's like I'm watching a movie about hundreds years ago. A time travel to a point where parents had to make up horrified stories and tell their children while sitting around a fire. A time travel to past.

To be true, I'm glad that I'm one of the bad guys and will be among those who are going to be included in the Lord's wrath.
I hope you don't mind and give me the freedom to choose.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 16:46
@Tera are you also aware Mr. Genius, that there have been many athiests and over-thinkers (e.g. - philosophers) in history that have committed suicide? perhaps that's because they're out of their freaking mind?

perhaps they are not. I don't judge others when I don't know the situation.
There are also a lot of normal people and believers who commit suicide.
What are you driving at?

PS: I reported your post as offensive for calling others names.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:46
It's not looking promising so far.

This single trial which was not confirmed showed negative results. We have no documentation on which patients were chosen to receive some treatment or no treatment. Trump was not suggesting this as the ONLY solution. He mentioned it because there had been some success of the off-label use of this drug for treating COVID-19 and there was NO OTHER OPTION at the time.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
that's not about people doing better than others. It's about proclaiming the gospel and what acceptances are seen after it is explained. that has nothing to do with peoples' skill levels and what they can materially do in the world.

That is its prima facie meaning. Which shows how shallow you are. You can't read it and see the underlying implication that you don't give up on others (whether preaching the gospel or teaching needed skills) just because some people don't get it. Which is indirectly why I have not given up on you, just because you don't seem to get MY message. My quote below from Romans makes it clear that we are all different from one another and that such differences are to be expected.

You want to know why we offer for free the fruits of our experience. You say you would not do such a thing, though here you are in a technical forum. But then you claim to be a follower of Jesus, which cannot occur unless you are also a follower of the Bible (because that is the only place you find His teachings.) Here is one reason why some of us offer help to others.

Proverbs 11:25 - a generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed

Proverbs 18:15 - An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

Romans 12:6-7 - we have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy according to your faith; (7) if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:46
Otherwise please stop spreading disinformation.

Here is a snip it from the NY Times, which is still a respected left leaning media source. Full article here.

1587565614228.png

This is why many people distrust what comes out of China or it's proxy the WHO.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Proverbs 11:25 - a generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed

Proverbs 18:15 - An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

Romans 12:6-7 - we have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy according to your faith; (7) if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach.
all of those pieces of scriptures are talking about faith-based concepts richard. that doesn't have anything to do with you. but who am I to say? perhaps you will be saved, do to your good deeds here. but like I've said many times, more or less the words I generally read and quote are those of the son himself. I take those more seriously than anything in any other book. but then again, the father is in charge in the end, and more all-knowing than the son himself.

I hope it's the latter for you richard, I really do. but given your stupid comments so far, I'm doubting it will. but then again, it depends on what comes out of your mouth and whether it is just hot air or it comes from the heart. a lot of people speak or type nonsense and they don't really believe it. stuff like that doesn't count. but then again, in your case I believe that you truly do believe what you are saying.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
vba_php said:
in your case I believe that you truly do believe what you are saying.

I suppose I should thank you for recognizing that much. I am, after all, still trying to be civil. Unlike you, I have a single persona; I don't lie about who I am or what I believe. There may have been times when I said something and was in error - but then again, I am human and therefore fallible. I also offer a disclaimer regarding the absolute truth (as I see it) when at the poker table.

You have frequently stated that your net personality is different from your in-person personality. I have extreme difficulty in trusting or liking anyone who shows so much disrespect as to use the net or a technical net forum to present a false face to the world. That is the very definition of troll. In essence, you are saying "we aren't worthy to see the real you." Why, then, should we care about you at all?

zeroaccess

Local time
Hwat in the hell. Up is down and Christianity isn't a religion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-22-15-10-11~01.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-22-15-10-11~01.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom