** Unusual Problem :Portrait in Xp and Landscape in Win 2000!!! ** (1 Viewer)

JITU

Local time
Today, 21:32
Hello Friends,

I have an unusual problem that I need to find an answer to :

We have win 2000 and xp machines in our company.
The access application we developed was in access 2000.

We have several reports that we have done that are in A4 landcape.

When the application is opened in win 2000 and we give a print it goes in prints in landcape mode as expected

but when we use the same app in xp machines it's printing out in Portrait mode.

Investigation done from our end includes verying the printing preferences in the default printer attached to user machines .

If the printing prefereneces is set to portrait and in the report its set to landscape , I would assume the report should be printing out in landscape ( correct me if I am wrong here !!)

Is there something that I am missing out here ?

An early response would be highly appreciated ..

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:32
Make sure that the "Name Auto Correct" options are NOT selected. This "feature" is known to cause issues with printing.

JustPunkin

Registered User.
Local time
This is an old post, but it's given me a direction to look on my very similar issue. I have all of my reports set up to print landscape, but they all preview and print portrait unless I go to printpreview and change the property in the printer.

I'm using XP. I can't test it on 2000, but I'm guessing the problem is something in the way XP does things.

I've tried the "Name Auto Correct" trick to no avail.

Off to try and find another solution...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
After you turn off the Name auto correct feature, you may need to reset all the reports one more time.

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:32
Why did you not post your solution on the forum? why is your post dated oct 2007?

JustPunkin

Registered User.
Local time
Why did you not post your solution on the forum? why is your post dated oct 2007?

I did not ask the original question in this thread; I asked the question in the thread that I created, the one I linked to. This thread simply led me in the right direction for a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom