Solved Unwanted different first two pages in a report (1 Viewer)

WesJD

Local time
Today, 10:28
I have a report with one row and two columns per page (landscape). Each column has one image field and one text field. My problem is that in print view, the first page displays only the left column; the second page displays only the right column; and the remaining pages display both columns as intended. I can't figure out why the first two pages are different. The report header section is set to zero height. I have set the "can grow" property to No for both the row height and the text box. I tried reordering the data to see if it was related to the particular records in my dataset, but it's not; records that display correctly further down the report give the anomalous behaviour when moved to Page 1 or 2. In Report view, there is nothing odd about the first two records, only in Print Preview. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:28
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Can you post a sample db to demonstrate the problem?

WesJD

Local time
Sure, here it is, thanks!

Attachments

• Sampledb.accdb
    1.6 MB · Views: 117

WesJD

Local time
Thank you very much, that fixed it! What did you do?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:28
Thank you very much, that fixed it! What did you do?
I suspected the Textbox below the image might have been too tall, so I made it shorter.

SHANEMAC51

Local time
Today, 19:28
My problem is that in print view, the first page displays only the left column; the second page displays only the right column; and the remaining pages display both columns as intended.
I was more alarmed by the non-standard size of the report page (width = 33 cm) and the alignment of the figures of different heights in the center

Attachments

• 2022-08-21_09-22-10.png
    2022-08-21_09-22-10.png
    541.6 KB · Views: 98

WesJD

Local time
Huh. I thought I had tried that kind of cure. Thank you very much!
I was more alarmed by the non-standard size of the report page (width = 33 cm) and the alignment of the figures of different heights in the center
Thanks for your comment, but don't be alarmed :). The non-standard page size is because it's not intended for printing; I'm displaying one page at a time on a widescreen TV. The picture alignment issue you pointed out shows up because I just threw in some miscellaneous pictures to illustrate my problem. The pictures I'm actually going to use are all cropped square so they line up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom