Updating the front end on local server (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:00
Feel free to use it as I used to make frequent copies of both ends using it just with a click of a button. One of the few times I used macroes. :)

oxicottin

Learning by pecking away....
Local time
Today, 11:00
Uploading a current version with Gasman's ACCDB to ACCDE conversion.

Capture.JPG

FEUpdatingUtility.JPG

Attachments

• FE Updater.zip
    177.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

oxicottin

Local time
Gasman, I have another question about creating the .accde. When it creates the file if I open it the database window is almost the size of the form. If I open it and close then reopen its fine. This happens once to the file the employees have then its fine. Is there a reason why and can I fix that?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
No idea, sorry. I will see if I can still use mine.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Christ, that was a workup as my DB was pointing to the workserver location and half the relinks did not work. :mad:

Anyway, it behaves OK with me as far as I could see?

However on that DB I used Tabbed Forms.?

Last edited:

oxicottin

Local time
Christ, that was a workup as my DB was pointing to the workserver location and have the relinks did not work. :mad:

Anyway, it behaves OK with me as far as I could see?

However on that DB I used Tabbed Forms.?

Thanks for looking, no biggie it doesn't hurt anything. After the first time you open it, its normal again!

oxicottin

Local time
I have one more thing I want to do to this updater I'm using. I wanted to be able in the formatted message box that it gives the user to also add what the changes were done in the database.

In the on load of your first form you paste the code from (tbl-code_repository) and in that code I changed the standard message box to a formatted message box with a function in the module (bas_FEUpdating). I wanted to create a table (tbl-new_version_discription) and be able to enter how and what goes into that messagebox. Any ideas how it can be done?

Attachments

• FE Updater Utility_V2.accdb
    776 KB · Views: 144

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I kept a version number and a memo field in a table, so I could see he changes per version, as one of my DBS was quite dynamic in that the bosses always wanted something added on, or I found a bug.?
You know your version number (hopefully the last and greatest number?, just lookup the contents of the memo field.

Last edited:

nonakag

Local time
Today, 05:00
Using Access 2016. I have an issue trying to Split my database. It stops in middle and says one of my tables is corrupted or too complicated. The table seems fine. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:00
Firstly, make a copy of the database if you don't have backup copies already. Then Compact/repair the database. That will probably fix the problem.

If not, split the tables out by creating an empty db, import the tables into it. Then delete the tables from the FE and then link to the tables in the BE

nonakag

Local time
Today, 05:00
Hi Cronk, tried to Compact/Repair, but the same result. I created a blank database on our network, then imported all the tables. Compact/Repaired them. I was prompted if I wanted this locations to be a trusted site, I chose, Yes. Deleted the tables from the Frontend. Linked the Frontend to the Backend Tables. Compact/Repaired the Frontend. Opened my Switchboard Form. The Form is a Dashboard and Main Menu. The dashboard pulls in data from the BE tables to display the statuses and mileages of a vehicle fleet. It took about 3-minutes to load the Switchboard Form. First time running on the network. Refreshes take about 2-3 seconds to update. Other than that it seems fine. Thank you very much for your assistance!

Last edited:

Number11

Local time
I have one more thing I want to do to this updater I'm using. I wanted to be able in the formatted message box that it gives the user to also add what the changes were done in the database.

In the on load of your first form you paste the code from (tbl-code_repository) and in that code I changed the standard message box to a formatted message box with a function in the module (bas_FEUpdating). I wanted to create a table (tbl-new_version_discription) and be able to enter how and what goes into that messagebox. Any ideas how it can be done?
LOVING THIS HOW DO I GET IT TO RUN IN X64 BIT ACCESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom