Upside Down World (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:50

Capture+_2021-04-27-19-44-54.png

The Daily Mail reported that just hours before the fatal crash, Beauvais streamed herself on Facebook Live for nearly two hours where she signed off by saying: "F--- the police." To start the video, she was seen smoking and reportedly taking shots of Vodka while playing N.W.A.’s "F--- tha Police."

"Why do you need a weapon to do your job," she asks. "If you were afraid for your life, go be a secretary at Walmart. Do us all the favor. Go open up a daycare. But please stop hitting us with the (expletive) excuse that you felt threatened about something."

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:50
She'll need a really good lawyer. Or some bleeding-heart liberal like AOC to stand in her corner.

conception_native_0123

Local time
bleeding heart? did not hear that before. and this is backwards too. artical shows she was black woman and killed a policeman. that is backwards from what we see in history

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:50
I simply have no fight left in me to engage in heavy conversation. It has become VERY apparent to me that people simply do not want to change their minds no matter what the facts are.

However, you may be different so here goes: Get your information from a varity of sources other than the media. The "news" is a sitcom for entertainment only. You really do not have to look far, read the posts from a few of our members: Jon, moke123, SteverR, AccessBlaster, Isaac, The DocMan and Pat Hartman are some that come to mind.

They post very lucid, germane and intelligent sources that are easily verified. Happy reading...

conception_native_0123

Local time
It has become VERY apparent to me that people simply do not want to change their minds no matter what the facts are.

yes that true. and my guess is that because they do not know what happened. many people in world are used and let themselves be used. yes i will read what you say. thank you

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:50
and my guess is that because they do not know what happened
Sometimes, they do know what happened but they spin the story. Freedom fighter or terrorist?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@conception_native_0123 - responding to the specific article that opens this thread, I noted that we start with a woman who voluntarily got intoxicated. If you follow the link, you learn that she was almost twice the legal limit for intoxication. I'm sure no one put a gun to her head and said "drink" - even though there is an old joke about that. She voluntarily posted anti-police messages on social media. Again, I tend to doubt coercion was involved. She was driving on a suspended license and has done so over a dozen times, which means that law has limited meaning to her. Then she goes out and kills a cop because she is too impaired to safely operate a vehicle. And finally, she leaves the scene of the accident.

My post merely commented that in her case, she would need extraordinary assistance from an unusual source in order to get out of these charges. The most likely source would be some "woke" women's rights advocate who is vehemently anti-police. So I named one.

As to the other news being mentioned in passing by NG, the problem we have right now is that the USA news media was so virulently anti-Trump that they ignored or slanted news in order to keep people focused against their political enemy. They rarely covered the good things which Trump did because they allowed their political agenda to override their duty to offer simple news reporting. They still maintain their slant.

Warning - that link does include a request to subscribe - but I picked it for a reason. This story went up on Yahoo News for about a day but then got pulled down. One can guess that liberal media didn't like someone doing a factual piece about how Portland has been trashed by the continuing riots. This article focuses on a Portland resident who volunteers to help her community and who is expressing signs of depression due to the excesses of the Portland rioters as they break, smash, or burn things. But Portland officials cannot or will not send in authorities to make mass arrests. That is just one example of coverage that you can find - but you have to look.

The obvious slant here is that trespassers to the USA capitol are heinous villains who deserve to be crushed, but the Portland riotors - who were still active THIS MONTH - get minimal attention. If you look, you realize that the media have still not returned to a more neutral, broad-based coverage. To me, THIS is heinous.

conception_native_0123

Local time
As to the other news being mentioned in passing by NG, the problem we have right now is that the USA news media was so virulently anti-Trump that they ignored or slanted news in order to keep people focused against their political enemy. They rarely covered the good things which Trump did because they allowed their political agenda to override their duty to offer simple news reporting. They still maintain their slant.

has always been true that majority of media is left and fox news is right?

conception_native_0123

Local time
The obvious slant here is that trespassers to the USA capitol are heinous villains who deserve to be crushed, but the Portland riotors - who were still active THIS MONTH - get minimal attention. If you look, you realize that the media have still not returned to a more neutral, broad-based coverage. To me, THIS is heinous.

yes i do not know why, if my question legitimate, why news is so left leaning. maybe because they dont like to see people get used by corporations? i read articles recently where many people are claiming that white people they encounter are white supremacists. lol no. not really. i think they just understand system we live under better than most people. that what i think. after all, system we live in was started by american white men wasnt it? that probably why.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
they dont like to see people get used by corporations?

The USA supposedly has Freedom of the Press - but that was ORIGINALLY put in place on the theory that a well-informed electorate would be better able to make decisions at the ballot box. When news media take the path of slanting news to misinform the public then they are violating one of the most basic duties of a journalist. To me their likes and dislikes ought NEVER enter into the picture except of the Op-Ed pages.

Even if the news media have a "thing" against corporations, they actually have no philosophical justification for the way they do what they do. You must not t forget that corporations do nothing at all. They are legal fictions. The ONLY reason a corporation exists is so that it can execute business contracts that don't depend on the continued existence or employment of a certain specific person who signed the contract.

It is the people who run the corporations who are the abusers. But it gets worse than that. The people who buy stock in the corporations want a return on the investment and that often forces corporations to be somewhat exploitative. They often vote for people who can put business interests in priority. So the executives get selected by the corporate stockholders based on their ability to get results. So in the end, if you follow the trail, "people getting used by corporations" are in that situation because of other people who directly or indirectly asked the corporations to do what they do best - make money by maximizing profits and minimizing expenses.

conception_native_0123

Local time
It is a common expression meaning any event can have different angles on it. Nothing about describing you.
Having different angles on same subject probably why United States government is so expanded on. That my guess anyway. As world moves towards future, the system must become more complex. At least that what it seemed like

conception_native_0123

Local time
@The_Doc_Man I agree that news agencies do not have justification for doing what they do. That make perfect sense.

I once work for someone who told me that entire United States system is the problem. And I did not disagree with him when he say that

conception_native_0123

Local time
Oh and regard to original post in this thread, did anyone see news story about female cop in Chicago that shot a black young person? That is another trial apparently that is going on now or will in future. Saw that in news feed 3 weeks ago. No surprise that it was white female cop that shot her gun at the person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom