Upside Down World (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:14
No surprise that it was white female cop that shot her gun at the person.
In almost every case you see young people of color struggling or resisting lawful orders. In the case you cite above the young male would be alive today had he complied with the officer handcuffing him. The officer had a legal right to arrest him for an outstanding warrant. Most police use of force happens as a result of non-compliance.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@conception_native_0123

If you're truly curious to find out which people are shooting at other people in the USA, look up the FBI violent-crime stats, or read the book Taboo, by Wilfred Reilly, which combines very many crime stats together in one place.

Then you'll know the whole truth.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 13:14
i guess that be true, yes. but i can not find article anymore that i was talking about.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Then you'll know the whole truth.

i think much has to do with shooting other people what they let happen to them. corporations are more or less problem, not ignorance. people who are not intelligent let all this happen to them and all other people like me and you have to join them. corporations are big problem. always are.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
corporations are big problem. always are.

We might have to respectfully agree to disagree.

People are ALWAYS the problem. People make up corporations. People make up governments. If we had no people, we would have no corporations or governments so they cannot inherently be a problem in and of themselves. They are not basic entities.

Governments that fail to control corporations are part of the problem, but even Western governments don't totally hold back corporate actions when they certainly COULD do so were it not for folks who have vested interests to NOT have strict government control.

Follow the greed. Whether it is greed for money or greed for power, follow it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:14
Let me go more granular Doc. DNA is the problem. We have evolved to behave in certain ways to ensure the survival of our DNA. While we think we are making the decisions, in fact it is our DNA that is doing so. An amalgamation of millions of years of random mutations - where only the survivors DNA permeates - leading to a set of characteristics that govern behaviour.

Corporations > People > DNA

Think cause-and-effect.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I lean towards how Doc sees it, and would add ... Much is made of the sinfulness of corporations, but let's face it ... They are a major economic component and especially publicly traded/accountable corporations have helped build the wealth contained in countries like America. They provide jobs to the average middle class person with a college education. Much like a pooled investment fund, they provide the avenue for the average person to "get in on" the action.

Their detachment from the individual may allow for their behavior to get a little out of line compared with our ideals, but it also is what allows them to be successful and their success not rise or fall based on a single person's successes or failures - and usually, when people talk about their behavior being out of line with our ideals, that person is forgetting that the corporation exists to make profit for everyone involved.

If it is desired that we have more organizations to "do good" (rather than "make profit"), that is what NGO's are for, and they exist in a plethora--many of them absolutely loaded with money and power to help advance their agendas.

I see no reason to water down the profiteering motive of corporations. They are what they are. They are not meant to be the Salvation Army.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Follow the greed. Whether it is greed for money or greed for power, follow it.
agree. no argument. usa is biggest offender.

Governments that fail to control corporations are part of the problem, but even Western governments don't totally hold back corporate actions when they certainly COULD do so were it not for folks who have vested interests to NOT have strict government control.

if you want money, sleep with bankers. bankers now throwing out 500 credit cards and do not care. 30 million credit cards, every person default on theirs. they dont care because they lost no money. they have it all. that why they dont care. that is what going on now at the moment. you know this?

conception_native_0123

Local time
They are a major economic component and especially publicly traded/accountable corporations have helped build the wealth contained in countries like America.

yes but system is abused. can not be stopped. wont ever be. especially in usa. that what sad to me. :(

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Let me go more granular Doc. DNA is the problem. We have evolved to behave in certain ways to ensure the survival of our DNA. While we think we are making the decisions, in fact it is our DNA that is doing so. An amalgamation of millions of years of random mutations - where only the survivors DNA permeates - leading to a set of characteristics that govern behaviour.

Corporations > People > DNA

Think cause-and-effect.
That's true, but think of how extraordinarily powerful (still) the effects are of Environment.

Just look at how different people become after being reared in different ways, exposed to different things, and taught different things. This tells me that despite our genetic leanings, behaviors and beliefs are still incredibly strongly influenced by post-birth exposures. I won't hazard a guess as to %, but it seems to be a lot...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
usa is biggest offender.

A small correction... the most successful offender. But other countries have spent money they don't have either. Remember the debacle when Greece's economy tumbled a few years ago? How many nations have no concept of retirement? How many Caribbean nations have the microcosm of abject poverty on one side of their island and ostentatious wealth on the other? How many nations have people who live in poverty while the nation builds office buildings rather than housing? You have to look to find out, but the tell-tale signs are there.

conception_native_0123

Local time
A You have to look to find out, but the tell-tale signs are there.

tell-tale sign of what?

the most successful offender.

success? finance success?

But other countries have spent money they don't have either. .

that i think sign of not being able educate their young people. either that o r young people not intelligent? intelligent enough to carry on economy and future work?

Remember the debacle when Greece's economy tumbled a few years ago?

i do not, can you tell me?

How many Caribbean nations have the microcosm of abject poverty on one side of their island and ostentatious wealth on the other?

what you saying with this?

How many nations have people who live in poverty while the nation builds office buildings rather than housing?

well that a consequence of greed more than anything. right?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My response (to your long post) is that you vilified the USA as being some evil corporate empire but we are not alone in suffering the ills of trying to modernize, to improve our economy, to improve our lot in life. Refugees STILL come to us in astounding numbers even though it was made clear that they are not welcome. We must not be THAT terrible a place to be.

Here is a reference to the Greek economic crisis that I mentioned and that you said you didn't know about.

conception_native_0123

Local time
My response (to your long post) is that you vilified the USA as being some evil corporate empire

i not say this. i like usa. i just say that corporations manipulate people who fall into trap everytime. something has to be done. i just wish corporations and government could find better system to live under. that is all. i do not think usa is evil.

conception_native_0123

Local time
and yes i did know about greek debt because that was story a long time ago. i can not remember much about it but i think that is what started talk about all across the world different countries suffer from own debt crisis. is that correct?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Great clip of Biden blaming his predecessor for the crisis at the border, even liberals at NBC can't follow along.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The Overton Window
1619815736038.png

George Putman a local area newsman in L.A. use to harp on the cycle of bondage. kinda looks like were there.

1619815994170.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom