US Health Care Law Ruled Consitutional (Sort of) (1 Viewer)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:42
Yeah, yeah. fyi - My wife and have been helping feed homeless tent people in our community via our church (for over 2 years for this one group) We buy fruit, sandwich bread and meat, etc. and they hand deliver it to them on wed. Walk up a path in some woods to the little tent city. The first winter one says something like, 'this is fine during the holidays but we get hungry all year long'. How about this - I'll buy him a broom and he can start his path to recovery by sweeping the walmart parking lot for a few bucks.

"they" implies you didnt hand it out yourself Ken?

Which may explain why Vassago seems to have a more humane attitude - and you just hand over a bit of cash (food), to make yourself feel a bit better - pop off to church and vote republican?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 17:42
"they" implies you didnt hand it out yourself Ken?

Which may explain why Vassago seems to have a more humane attitude - and you just hand over a bit of cash (food), to make yourself feel a bit better - pop off to church and vote republican?

I like the way you make a point :D

Actually it doesn't make me feel any better, I do it because my mother in law is involved in the program :cool: I feel like I'm encouraging them to be lazy. :mad:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I like the way you make a point :D

Actually it doesn't make me feel any better, I do it because my mother in law is involved in the program :cool: I feel like I'm encouraging them to be lazy. :mad:

If you've ever lived homeless or really struggled, you'll find most of them would love to work and not be in their living situation. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Don't feel discouraged by the news reports that make them all out to be drug addicts or drunks. I've met many in my lifetime who have done plenty with their lives, but fallen hard, or just gave too much. Things happen.

And Anthony, no matter how one helps, it doesn't matter. Someone has to give the money, while others give time. His part is just as important. ;)

KenHigg

Local time
If you've ever lived homeless or really struggled, you'll find most of them would love to work and not be in their living situation. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Don't feel discouraged by the news reports that make them all out to be drug addicts or drunks. I've met many in my lifetime who have done plenty with their lives, but fallen hard, or just gave too much. Things happen.

And Anthony, no matter how one helps, it doesn't matter. Someone has to give the money, while others give time. His part is just as important. ;)

When you figure out how to weed out the lazy from the bad luck let me know and I'll sign up 100% so I can be more 'just as imprtant' :)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

We can't always show the courage of our convictions, especially when there is a Mother in Law involved. ;)

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:42
Thank god for the NHS, it may be far from perfect but at least its free to every UK citizen.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Not exactly, we pay for it through our taxes, it is only free to the scroungers and health tourists.

Brian

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:42
Not exactly, we pay for it through our taxes, it is only free to the scroungers and health tourists.

Brian

True, but its always came off our taxes, so you dont miss it!

The health tourists - thats a loophole thats needing closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom