US keeps exalted company, sort of (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 01:40
Brian, if you take issue, it will be quibble-level issues. We bought our land from prior conquerors or allowed the territories to vote on joining us.

There are A LOT of other things we have done that are not so good and I'm not blind to them. My statement was intended to be narrowly crafted and to the best of my knowledge is accurate within its narrow scope of intent.

So what's good for the goose should be good for the gander ?
accepting the above - kind'a rules out giving back any land
for Northern Ireland to the Falklands the people who live there were not the original conquers and/or voted to stay - so any discussion needs to sort this issue out first
we see it as being a little one sided when the likes of Sean Penn opens his mouth saying we (The UK) should give back the Falklands - yet he's not prepared to give any of his property back
I know he is one voice - but you get the flavour of what i am saying - (I actually like his films - its just him when he states something that he expects others to live to and not himself) I am equally sure that there are Brits who say and/or do stuff that also "annoy" people - so it is trying to be a level/even in my/our approach

My rant is over .

Hey have a great day

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:40
Brian, if you take issue, it will be quibble-level issues. We bought our land from prior conquerors or allowed the territories to vote on joining us.

So if we sold Gibralter to the Morrocans (imagining that was even possible) - the Spanish then have no claim? Or we have had a referendum and 98% wanted the status quo of being GB.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

So you don't think buying stolen good is illegal or immoral?
America did not allow the Southern states to leave, hell I could discuss the deceit of Texas or how you beat the crap out of Mexico to persuade it to sell but you guys tend to have a different view of history, just as we do of ours. I blame the schools.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
So if we sold Gibralter to the Morrocans (imagining that was even possible) - the Spanish then have no claim? Or we have had a referendum and 98% wanted the status quo of being GB.

Spain ceded Gibraltar to us in an international settlement, they have no claim , it is up to the inhabitants just as in the Falklands.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Spain ceded Gibraltar to us in an international settlement, they have no claim , it is up to the inhabitants just as in the Falklands.

Brian

Yes - but didn't stop Minorca then having a funny history thereafter. Just using the example, so as to show much American land has been gained by a similar route.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time

Brian

I would go that's far - or soon occupied Palestine will all be a Jewish state , and that cant be right either. The difference maybe that theres a very definite world order of whether Israel has rights to Palestine. One ignored, and allowed to be ignored though.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I cannot see any similarity between Palestine and the other two, I must be missing something.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom