US leaders (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:56
You and Col are a curious pair. Col has American insults running out of his ears yet claims name calling is rude and you for some reason pick food from a plethora of subjects to ban - ?!?

I don't have American insults running out my ears, I merely point out the idiocyncrasies of the USA, and pick up on news items that would not be shown in your censored media. If America (or Americans) didn't think it was gods gift to the world and acted normally instead of being hypocritical and stroppy then it would be treated normally.

Get this straight - America does not rule the planet, the sooner it learns that the better.

Name calling is a personal affront to another member - that's why I don't like it or do it. It's rude and offensive. It resorts to amateur schoolboy intelligence, but some on these forums think it's acceptable. Naturally, those that do it are from the USA, so I suppose it will continue.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You and Col are a curious pair. Col has American insults running out of his ears yet claims name calling is rude and you for some reason pick food from a plethora of subjects to ban - ?!?

I wouldn't ban food, not only do I like it but we would all starve.:rolleyes:

Ken I am puzzled by this response, you defend America and Americans against criticism, as I have in the past when I think people are wrong, all I am doing is putting you right about our food, is that not allowed? I do feel that criticising certain aspects of a country does need first hand experience and food is an obvious one, but if you want to criticise a countries food without having been there then go ahead, risk making a fool of yourself I just expected better.

Brian

R

Rich

He's left me off the list:eek:
Bugger! note to self; must try harder:mad:

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 17:56
I wouldn't ban food, not only do I like it but we would all starve.:rolleyes:

Ken I am puzzled by this response, you defend America and Americans against criticism, as I have in the past when I think people are wrong, all I am doing is putting you right about our food, is that not allowed? I do feel that criticising certain aspects of a country does need first hand experience and food is an obvious one, but if you want to criticise a countries food without having been there then go ahead, risk making a fool of yourself I just expected better.

Brian

You are a bit touchy on the food thing - Lighten up, after all I was using the infallible bbc as a reference - :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You are a bit touchy on the food thing - Lighten up, after all I was using the infallible bbc as a reference - :)

Ah! now I understand, if somebody criticises the UK and we try to put them right we are touchy, but if we criticise the USofA then we are ignorant and the Yanks have every right, nay a duty, to whinge.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Ah! now I understand, if somebody criticises the UK and we try to put them right we are touchy, but if we criticise the USofA then we are ignorant and the Yanks have every right, nay a duty, to whinge.

Brian

Hey - don't blame me. I've tried to get your buddies to lighten up :)

KenHigg

Local time
Buddies is an American expression, please use English terms when addressing us:mad::p

And what would I use - his 'chums' ? :p

I'm glad someone still has a sense of humour over there - Although that 'get this straight' thing Col used was funny as well :p:p

(Please note the 'u' in homour :))

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 14:56
Originally Posted by KenHigg
What the heck is diff about food - ? How much kiwi lamb do you eat?

q 1) I think this says more about your knowledge of food than anything I could try to explain.

q 2) We have roast lamb once a month or thereabouts, lamb chops and steaks occasionally, but what's the point of the question?

I'm intrigued by this, first I suspect you misinterpreted what Ken was saying for q1.

But secondly if the question for q1 is "Whats the differance about Kiwi lamb?" - what is the answer, apart from anyone who needs to ask must be an idiot? (thats usually a clue that the answer isn't known!, unless of course Ken has proved himself in the past to be an idiot and anexplanation would genuinely go above his head?)

I'd say about 5 pound a pound?

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
...But secondly if the question for q1 is "Whats the differance about Kiwi lamb?" - what is the answer, apart from anyone who needs to ask must be an idiot? (thats usually a clue that the answer isn't known!)

? Not following you here Paul - :)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 14:56
Well - I assumed you meant what is the differance between food and everything else, as in a topic you were allowed to have an opinion on? I may be wrong , but thats what I understood.

If thats what you meant, I don't understand Brians reply - Ie the answer to q1 as he puts it. Do you?

It does seem to make sense - if you take you post to mean - "Whats the diff about differnat types of food".

It may take Brian to clear it up what he meant with his answer to q1?

KenHigg

Local time
Oh. Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm guessing he simply took excessive offense to me making a slight poke of fun at your (brits) food?

Note to self: If Brian is participating in the discussion avoid kidding about uk food if I want to keep him as a buddy.

R

Rich

Oh. Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm guessing he simply took excessive offense to me making a slight poke of fun at your (brits) food?

Note to self: If Brian is participating in the discussion avoid kidding about uk food if I want to keep him as a buddy.

It wasn't our food but that of one of our finest colonial cousins:mad:
If you want to take the pi## use the Aussies, they can't be insulted

KenHigg

Local time
The inclusion of the word KIWI in the original post:eek:

I said nothing derogatory about KIWI Lamb - Did I? Where? I simply said that it was more likey that the average person would probably eat a product made from meat slurry, like burgers and sausages, than they would KIWI Lamb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom