US leaders (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

... I'sa going to shut up about it all. :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 00:55
Well - I assumed you meant what is the differance between food and everything else, as in a topic you were allowed to have an opinion on? I may be wrong , but thats what I understood.

If thats what you meant, I don't understand Brians reply - Ie the answer to q1 as he puts it. Do you?

It does seem to make sense - if you take you post to mean - "Whats the diff about differnat types of food".

It may take Brian to clear it up what he meant with his answer to q1?

I took it in the context of "why can you not discuss other countries food if you have not visited there" a comment which immediately preceeded Ken's comment, it was several posts later that it became food as opposed to anything else.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Oh. Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm guessing he simply took excessive offense to me making a slight poke of fun at your (brits) food?

Note to self: If Brian is participating in the discussion avoid kidding about uk food if I want to keep him as a buddy.

I did not take offence, excessive or otherwise, I was merely trying to educate . If you are ever over here give me a call and my wife will cook for you, we may even serve you scouse, made with Kiwi lamb. :D

I don't hold grudges, if we never argued life would be boring. ;)

Brian

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 16:55
q 1) I think this says more about your knowledge of food than anything I could try to explain.

What did this mean then?? I am easily confused. :eek:

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 19:55
As am I. But as long as he speaking to me again I'm willing to let it go - :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It meant that , in the context of the discussion ie food in different countries, that anybody who needs to ask what is different doesn't know zilch about food.

(Note the double negative, Liverpoolese to reinforce the point.)

Brian

ps But as we were at cross purposes I feel that aline should be drawn under the matter.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Hang on thats what I thought you meant? Your confusing me even more.

What is the difference between British lamb and Kiwi lamb then?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
A more serious answer might be Chernoble (that doesn't look right), I wonder if the fallout is off the welsh hills yet.

Brian

PS You right I doubt if I could tell the difference. :D , but it is difficult to get fresh Kiwi Lamb

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
5 pounds a pound was my original answer.

Which do you prefer British or Kiwi Lamb?

Yes I know zilch about food, I am trying to learn from those who know more.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Perhaps Bri will be a little more accommodating to a fellow countryman :)

Paul is not just a fellow countryman but as is obvious from the witty and intelligent posts, a fellow Liverpudlian.

Guys you are mistaking my knowledge that food is different in different countries and also that eg chinese food in China is different from that served in our takeaways, with an in depth knowledge of food, the chef buys and cooks it, I just eat it. :)

Brian

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
But we get American food here in the form of MacD and kant find chicken;)

That 'ain't' American food. I am never hungry enough to eat at Mickey D's. That doesn't mean I don't like hamburgers, which I think you guys consider American food you don't like, but Mac Donalds is a sorry excuse for a hamburger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom