Use one form to manage multiple tables information - including work log (1 Viewer)

ericryd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
Hello all,
We are working on a new database that is to serve as a project tracker. We are having some difficulties and were hoping someone here could assist. This may be tough to follow so I’ll try to explain the best I can.
Projects will be entered in to a form that has 3 sections. The first section is the general information that is setup at the beginning (Project Name, Sponsor, Manager, Date). The second section is a list of date/check boxes that updates when these pieces were completed (Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3). The third section is the weekly update fields (Issues, Actions). When the form is opened and search the ID #, we want sections one and two to populate from the tables. If Phase 2 box is checked, it should save that and populate next time we open it. The third section should always be blank and act as a work log. Each time you save it copies to a table that links back to the ID # for future reports and queries.
Currently we created two tables. One table that houses sections 1 and 2, and a second table for the work logs.
We are stuck at this point though. We can’t figure out how to have the bottom section independent from the top. I know we could make separate forms if we had to, but I would prefer not to.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or examples would be great help!!!!
Thanks,
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom