Use Query Results to fill in Records in another Table (1 Viewer)

Denyial

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:25
I'm an utter noob at this but I was wondering if you guys could help me out.
I have two tables (see attached)

Copy of Example Query Results is a copy of the table produced by a separate query (didn't bother to show). I want to be able to make it so that the Select Query I made to produce this table, instead automatically fills in the relevant blank records in the Copy of Example Company Data. Is there a way to do that, sorted by Company ID? Or is it going to have to be a copy-paste job? I'm just looking to automate it.

I realise that isn't the most helpful of descriptions, but if you need more info or data I'm happy to give it.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• example help.accdb
    460 KB · Views: 65

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 03:25
put all these in a macro for automation

create an append query to fill the table with #projects, total valu.
then run an append query to update AVG, and PCT.

Denyial

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:25
I know what a Macro and an append query are, the rest are lost on me I'm afraid, what do you mean?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:25
The most automatic way to do it, is to not to do it.

Action queries (MAKE TABLE, INSERT, APPEND, DELETE) are a sign of a bad table structure or a misunderstanding of how databases are to work. Instead of moving data around (from queries to tables), you simply use the query itself when you need to reference the data it generates.

Data from queries can remain in queries, it doesn't need to go anywhere. Tables don't hold magical powers. Just reference the query when you need that total data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom