Useless Facts (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 05:30
It is an edited version of an article I wrote some years ago.

I wouldn't mind reading the unedited version of the article.
My husband is a huge Wings fan (don't hate) and I sent him your post for his entertainment. I found it quite interesting. If there was more, I'd love to hear it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:30
Useless fact:-

In the film "A Hard Day's Night" featuring The Beatles. The fab four arrive at the London station on the train. They have to get to the Austin Princess car avoiding the screaming girls. They run through a line of taxi's and then get to the car. The lads are all wearing suits and ties at this point.

The next shot is in the car with the four Beatles in the back of the car, John Lennon is now wearing a roll-neck sweater under his jacket and not a collar and tie.

Fascinating or what?

Col

statsman

Local time
Useless fact:-

In the film "A Hard Day's Night" featuring The Beatles. The fab four arrive at the London station on the train. They have to get to the Austin Princess car avoiding the screaming girls. They run through a line of taxi's and then get to the car. The lads are all wearing suits and ties at this point.

The next shot is in the car with the four Beatles in the back of the car, John Lennon is now wearing a roll-neck sweater under his jacket and not a collar and tie.

Fascinating or what?

Col

There are several websites which are dedicated to spotting these inconsistancies in movies. There are certainly a large number of them in films.

Currently in Canada we have a TV commercial for a yogurt. It features a girl back packing through the woods, telling us how healthy this yogurt is for you. There are about 12 different shots that make up the commercial. In half of them she's wearing long trousers and in the other half she's wearing shorts.

statsman

Local time
In baseball, the two major leagues in the USA are the American League and the National Leagues.
The American League uses a Rawlings brand ball and the National Leauge uses a Spalding.
Both balls are manufactured in the same factory by the same people. Half get the Rawlings stamp, half get the Spalding.

PLEEEEESE...No comments on the World's Series.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
This is more requiring an answer, then it will become a useless fact.

Centuries ago, people used to have their surname matching their job (Cooper, Baker, Tiler, Butcher etc etc)

What did they have as surnames before they adopted the 'work' surname?

Col

statsman

Local time
This is more requiring an answer, then it will become a useless fact.

Centuries ago, people used to have their surname matching their job (Cooper, Baker, Tiler, Butcher etc etc)

What did they have as surnames before they adopted the 'work' surname?

Col

Probably Robertson, Peterson etc.
O'Reilly, O'Toole etc.
Macpherson, Macdonald etc.
Wolski, Partski etc.
depending on your ethnic group.

I have no idea if the "son" suffix came before or after the Cooper Baker custom. I'm just guessing.
I know in Iceland the custom still remains that your surname is your father's first name.
Example: an Icelander named Olaf has a son and a daughter.
The son's surname is Olafsson, the daughter's is Olafdottir.

Last edited:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Probably Robertson, Peterson etc.
O'Reilly, O'Toole etc.
Macpherson, Macdonald etc.
Wolski, Partski etc.
depending on your ethnic group.

I have no idea if the "son" suffix came before or after the Cooper Baker custom. I'm just guessing.
I know in Iceland the custom still remains that your surname is your father's first name.
Example: an Icelander named Olaf has a son and a daughter.
The son's surname is Olafsson, the daughter's is Olafdottir.

The cutest one I have seen was in South Africa, van nie kerk (from no church).

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:30
This is the big secret about women's age:
They are Older than they were and younger than they will be

(not my copywrite unfortunatly)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Lithuania was the last pagan country in Europe, until it accepted Christianity from Poland in 1385

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Conversly, in the UK, people are leaving christianity in droves and more are taking up paganism.

Col

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 02:30
The left breast is usually bigger than the right.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 02:30
The left testicle is usually bigger than the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom