using an interactive GIF file on a webpage (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 17:54
I've got the attached image on a webpage for a site I am redoing. it's a GIF, and it changes it's image every 5 seconds or so when you look at the file. I know that some people use interactive images (images with animation), but I've never used them. On this website I'm redoing, the attached GIF is inside a < div > tag and there's no other attributes associated with it.

Anyone got any ideas of how I could use this in conjunction with PHP and javascript to produce an advertisement right below a horizontal css menu near the top of each page?

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
This seems scammy. Why is an .xls file attached with your image? And what do you mean "produce an advertisement"? The .gif is the advertisement. What do you want the javascript to do?

Really suspicious post. Someone hack your account?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
This seems scammy. Why is an .xls file attached with your image? And what do you mean "produce an advertisement"? The .gif is the advertisement. What do you want the javascript to do?

Really suspicious post. Someone hack your account?
oh my! I included a file that was not intended to be in there. please discard that xls if you downloaded that. there's no sensitive info in it, but the info should not be shared. the image is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16WkHTKJgq-_qCyKoGIpLV1L6HIiMJ8RR/view

more to follow....

<edit>
And what do you mean "produce an advertisement"? The .gif is the advertisement. What do you want the javascript to do?
plog,

it's not really an advertisement. it's just an animated gif that the business owner created. what I want to know is if I want this animation to again appear right below a CSS-styled menu on every page that is horizontal in direction and previously placed inside a DIV tag, would PHP even be needed to produce this if I"m developing the rest of the site in PHP? wouldn't it be the case where I could copy over the HTML from his old page, line by line, until this DIV with the image is reached, and then produce some content below the image via a PHP pull my MYSQL? this seems right to me, but I didn't know if anyone else here would have an opinion on it.

thanks.

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
As long as the string that produces the HTML that displays the .gif gets to the browser it doesn't matter how you do it. Include it in the code that makes the menu, paste it as static HTML or make php send it.

If this is always be below the menu on every page I'd put it in with my menu code. If it's just on one page I'd use static html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom