Using SendObject Macro to Email using Combobox problem with Bound Control (1 Viewer)

manix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:39
Hi All,

This is frustrating me!

I have a form field that is a Combo Box that allows users to select a contact a table of contacts. Now because this is a linked table containing the contact information, the relationship requires the numeric Key field to be recorded in the table. So if I use this field to then send an email to the person who has been selected in this field, it simply tries to send it to a number, because in my sendobject macro, I have entered:

=[Forms]![frm_ChangeRequest]![Responsible Owner]

What I need is to understand how I can bring the linked table into the equation, as [responsible owner] is populated by [tbl_list_names] and hence, the email address is available to the macro.

I can't simply change the bound column property to the column containing the email address, because there is a relationship involved and it has to be a Number field, not a text field.

Can I not report the email address at the Form level and the Index field at table level?

manix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:39
Thanks for the response, works a treat! I will have a look at the naming conventions, I have enough PITA's! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom