Value not showing on Main Form (1 Viewer)

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:35
I have a very strange problem.
Background: I have a main form on based on a table. I have an unbound combo search field on this form. After update I select the correct record from the table to display (recordset bookmark).
I have sub form on the main form containing transactions pertaining to the record on the main form. (Linked by ID to tbl_Mainform_ID) All this works perfectly.
In the footer of the subform I have a field called fld_endamount1 : = nz(sum(fld_endamount);0)

Problem1: I have a field on the main form displaying the endamount from the sub form : =forms!mainform!subform.form!endamount1
This works after selecting a record but as the form opens on a new record (and can be used to enter a new customer) this field display #error until there are records in the sub form.

Problem 2: I have tried to solve this in vba by placing a procedure on "after update" of the unbound search field.
(Restzahlung being an unbound form on the main form where I basically want to show the end amount of the customer as in the footer of the sub form.)

Dim x As Long
x = Me.frmUF_BrideDress.Form.RecordsetClone.RecordCount
If x > 0 Then
me.Restzahlung = [Forms]![frm_bride]![frmUF_BrideDress].[Form]![sumendpreis]
ElseIf x = 0 Then
Me.Restzahlung = 0
End If
Exit Sub

This works fine as long as I put a stop in the procedure and do it step by step. As soon as I remove the stop it just sets me.Restzahlung at 0.
I have NO IDEA why this would work with a stop in and not without.
Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
Marion

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:35
1. You can shorten the ControlSource of your unbound texbox to:

=[subform_name].[Form]![endamount1]

2. you can try to move your code on the Current event of the Subform.

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
thanks so much for the answer. Unfortunately it does not seem to make a difference.
In the screenshot 1 is the Field with the control source set to =[subform_name].[Form]![endamount1] on the form before a customer is selected.
on the second screenshot is the field showing correctly when records are in the subform / the Field Restzahlung should show the same Amount as calculated in the code. (after updte of the search field for a customer) Putting it the current of the subform makes no diffs.

Thanks again
Screenshot 2023-08-26 153643.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-26 153847.jpg

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:35