Solved VBA Code/Formula to find left most value(s) and paste them descending (1 Viewer)

Bean Machine

Local time
Today, 12:57
Hi all. I am struggling to come up with a way to do this. I am assuming INDEX may be involved but not 100 percent sure how to pull it off. Basically, I want to check cell "C2" in worksheet "Driver" and based on what the value in cell "C2" is check range "B3:W3" in worksheet "Testing" and for a match (i.e., if "Dude 2" was the value in "C2") then store what column that match was in and check for cells with text in that column and return the left most most value to cell "D2" on worksheet "Driver" and onward for any cells that have values in them (i.e., "3,W,S,F"). Either formula or VBA code would be helpful to get this job done. See attached image for more context.

This is worksheet "Driver"
question2.JPG

This is worksheet "Testing"
question.JPG

GaP42

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:57
Unsure as to where the text comes from. Are you expecting Dude 2 row in Drivers to have the value "3(W.S.F)" in cell D3, and Dude 6 row in Drivers to show the value "2(F,W) online" in corresponding cell (column D) where Dude 6 is listed, etc?
It would be helpful to attach a copy of your spreadsheet to work with.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:57
Give this a read.
I always have to reread any time I use Index and Match. :)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:57
see this demo.

Attachments

• testing_ADO_RECORDSET.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom