Virtual Access DevCon (Developer Conference) 2020: free Recordings Now Available! (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:25
The Virtual Access DevCon (Developer Conference) was held April 23+24, 2020. This was a free online conference for Access developers.

Schedule and Recordings Now available! (in case you missed it, or or want to review any sessions)
http://www.donkarl.com/devcon/virtual2020.htm

The conference filled up with 250 registrations from more than 27 countries and 4 continents.

Great turnout! Great conference! Awesome product!

it really is wonderful that this conference and these sessions were made freely available to everyone. Normally the exclusive Access DevCon is attended only by a limited number of top Access experts around the world. However, this year it was different -- very big thanks to Karl Donaubauer to organize, and Peter Doering to implement, the Virtual #AccessDevCon 2020 at such last minute, and make recordings public.

Post your comments! What do you want to say? ... we love Access!

ps. Scroll to the very last session, New practical Tools, to see my presentation on CalendarMaker and Document SQL, both free tools for Microsoft Access, with source code so you can modify ... and comments in the code to help you understand.

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:25
I'm there - I usually go to Vienna, but couldn't go this year anyway due to other commitments. Will be interesting to see how it all works out. Karl puts a huge effort into this and to turn it from a physical conference to a virtual one at short notice is quite an achievement.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I'm already in having seen the announcement elsewhere. Thanks for publicising it here Crystal.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
my pleasure, Colin, thank you

looks like another great conference, CJ

look forward to seeing you

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
who got in? I think the conference registration will be cut off soon, if it isn't already.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 09:25
I'll be there, but I have a feeling I'm going to feel like the slow kid in the back of the class.

Won't be the first time...or the last!

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:25
Looks like it is full. Would be nice to know how it was if anyone cares to share their experience afterwards as well as if any of the sessions will be recorded to listen to down the road.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Looks like it is full. Would be nice to know how it was if anyone cares to share their experience afterwards as well as if any of the sessions will be recorded to listen to down the road.

I think they plan to record each session, but I don't know if any will be published afterward. Sorry you missed registration.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
OK so who else was there and how did you think it went?
What did you find particularly useful … or otherwise?
Of the regular AWF contributors, I obviously noticed Crystal and Philipp (as presenters) together with NG and CJL...but there may be others I missed as I have only watched a couple of complete sessions each day so far.
Am intending to watch the rest over the next week or so.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The Temporal Tables was very informative. The highlight for me was the Azure Power Apps demo - I have NO love for web/cloud base apps with Access, but what was showcased was 'purt near cool!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:25
Started too early for me so I decided to catch the recordings they hopefully make. I'm also wrangling grand kids so it would have been tough to sit and watch a live presentation.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The Temporal Tables was very informative. The highlight for me was the Azure Power Apps demo - I have NO love for web/cloud base apps with Access, but what was showcased was 'purt near cool!

When I returned after the Azure event, the First comment that came up was a certain person saying they had been arrested for flashing.
Had to read the context to understand that NG.

@pbaldy
They've recorded all the sessions. Yesterday's are already available via Teams for those 'attending' so will I'm sure be rolled out to others later.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
For those who attended Devcon, I'd love your feedback on my little part in the last presentation (New practical Tools):
  1. CalendarMaker
    http://msaccessgurus.com/tool/CalendarMaker.htm
  2. add-in to Document SQL
    http://msaccessgurus.com/tool/Addin_DocumentSql.htm
For each:
  • Does it look useful?
  • Do you plan to download it?
  • Do you have ideas how you might use it?
  • Do you have ideas to make it better?
John? Colin? Paul and others who will watch later? anybody else? thanks!

reference for add-in:
video: How to Make and Install an Access AddIn

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
My wife is in love with the calendar tool. The SQL documenter will be a life-saver for the user's manual I have to write before I leave. Cool tools you made there!

But, I have to say this: The video about Add-ins a real winner. An under utilized tool most of us Contenders do not use, much like libraries.

Also, your Access prowess is almost as good as your video skills!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I couldn't get in - tried to register too late - I would be very interested in the Azure Power Apps stuff as I have played briefly with it and could see plenty of scope for doing clever things. I did, however, find it a massive struggle to set up initially. Being advised to set up a host of stuff that it turned out was unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom