JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:21
When I try to create .accde I get the following error

1707549890460.png

In Bitdefender I get
1707549890332.png

I read that Windows Defender can handle this threat. I made sure that Windows Defender runs on my pc.

I also ran a System Check in BitDefender. Di dnot help.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1707549829361.png
    1707549829361.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 36

Edgar_

Local time
Today, 16:21
Disable Windows Defender, upload file to virustotal and see how many av engines detect something. If not many, it's either a false positive or a recent threat, most likely a false positive though.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
None of AVs on VirusTotal indicated a problem.

Edgar_

Local time
It's a false positive then. Try to notify MS about it or update your virus definitions and hope for the best.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
It's a false positive then. Try to notify MS about it or update your virus definitions and hope for the best.
I do not know for sure whether Bitdefender is overly sensitive in a good or bad way or whether I checked the correct file on Virus Total.
After running a complete system check in Bitdefender for the 3rd time it said it identified the specific virus and fixed the problem.
From my research on the Web this problem occurred as far back as 2010 with Bitdefender.
In my case I no longer have the problem.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
The problem resurfaced and I checked the specific quarantined files at VirusTotal, where Bitdefender did not flag it as as virus.

As mentioned by Edgar in #4, it must be a false positive, so I added the specific folder in the Bitdefender exceptions.

Edgar_

Local time
You might want to test if all your accde files are being flagged, maybe even create an empty file and see if the antivirus detects something. You could then add stuff little by little until you find what's the culprit and upload it here to test if others have the same issue. It could be interesting.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
You might want to test if all your accde files are being flagged, maybe even create an empty file and see if the antivirus detects something. You could then add stuff little by little until you find what's the culprit and upload it here to test if others have the same issue. It could be interesting.
As I mentioned the specific problem has been reported by Bitdefender as far back as 2010. A good indication of a false positive is the fact in VirusTotal no AV flags it, including Bitdefender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom