Question Visual FoxPro 9.0 - How to read DBF's with MS-Access (1 Viewer)

maagero

Local time
Today, 03:09
Hello, I have a time and attendance program, Time America-Genesis Pro. I am trying to write an MS-Access reporter database that will provide me with a list of employees present for evacuation purposes.
Since the installation of the software installs "Foxpro 9 Library SP2" on client station, I am presuming the DBF's are FoxPro based. Does anyone have a solution to read Foxpro DBF files using MS-Access. I prefer not to import, but rather link to the DBF's. This needs to be passive; no writing to the Genesis Pro DBF files.
Everywhere I look FoxPro is "dead", yet we purchased/installed this software in December 2014. I cannot get assistance from the dealer or the Time America company, which is now Synel America.
Does anybody have access to an ODBC for Visual FoxPro 9.0 or instruction on how to connect via OLE DB, which I am not familiar with?
-Thank you, Ron Maagero

Last edited:

maagero

Local time
CJ_London, I appreciate the link, although I already browsed through and read the articles to good end. :banghead: Maybe there is a FoxPro guru out that will see my question. Thanks.

maagero

Local time
CJ_London, I just tried my Advantage Database Server utility, "Advantage Database Architect" and it reads one of the database files I opened. I may be able to use the Advantage ODBC, hmmmm. :) -Ron

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:09
I don't know if that could do it:

Attachments

• dBase.jpg
    dBase.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 397

maagero

Local time
Well that did not work, because I would have to set an Advantage Database Server, duh. Oy.-Ron

maagero

Local time
Thank you JHB. What you sent worked on some of the file, but not all [and of course not on the one I need]. The one I need came up with an unexpected format message. It is not encrypted from what I found.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:09
did you read this bit of the link I sent you?

Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver
The VFPODBC driver is no longer supported. We strongly recommend using the Visual FoxPro OLE DB provider as a replacement. Please refer to the following article for more information and related links to issues when using the VFPODBC driver: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/277772.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom