Web browsing in Access Update error (1 Viewer)

ZKHADI

Local time
Today, 16:46
hy buddies i just downloaded an example accdb file for web browsing in access.
but this showing me that my browser is not updated but actually it is latest updated.

what will be the solution?

watch image

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 73

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 12:46
What browser is it using? IE ?

ZKHADI

Local time
Today, 16:46
i dont know check this file

Attachments

• WebBrowser.accdb
    532 KB · Views: 83

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:46
It's the YouTube web page that is loaded is telling you browser is out of date. Change the URL string that is in the form's Current event code. I used msn.com

But then the page generates script error messages.

AFAIK, Web Browser Control works only with IE and IE is a dead app.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:46
@ZKHADI
I've no idea what the purpose of the subform & table is in your example app you uploaded.

Most sites (including that one) will still open with the IE web browser though often with script errors - sites run by Google are particularly prone to these and some sites like WhatsApp won't open at all.

In fact, the Access team are currently actively working on a new browser control based on Chromium Edge which is due for release in the first few months of 2023.
I am beta testing this control as development progresses.
The output is already faster with better quality rendering and script errors seem to be eliminated.
However, it is not yet ready for release

Here is an example form with the IE browser at the top & the Edge browser below:
1669281496010.png

The Edge browser renders the site perfectly

Until this is released, you could try using the ActiveX web browser control.
You should also investigate setting the FeatureBrowserEmulation setting to e.g. Edge mode in the registry. For more info, see:

The ideas apply to any site, not just Google Maps

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:46
I did get the ActiveX WebBrowser control to work following guidance in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49078724/ms-access-vba-to-get-data-from-a-web-browser-controls-content#:~:text=Here's what I did to get this working:,browser object named webView: Me.webView.Object.Navigate "http://www.yoururl.com" More items

Following code provided by Colin seems to work. I was already using it for the Non-ActiveX version in form Load event and did not work. Moved to Open event and not seeing any script errors, yet.
Me.YourWebBrowserControlName.Object.Silent = True

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom