Weird Navigation behavior with Combo. (1 Viewer)

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Yesterday, 19:38
I have a combo on a form whose rowsource changes in the Form_OnCurrent event. I discovered that if I am using the Navigation bar to step through the records and I go from the last record, to a new record, then back to the previous record, the combo does not update. Works fine if I am going forward to the record, just when I am going backwards it fails. (The data is being saved.)

The combo box is loaded with the correct list, and as soon as I click the drop down, the correct value shows up.

Anybody seen this? Is there a workaround for the behavior?

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
When using the navigation bar, you have to requery the combo box each time you move to a new record. Requery the combo box on the form OnCurrent event.

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Did you read my post? I'm doing that already.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
The combo box is used to find the record, the record doesn't find your combo box value. On the OnCurrent event update the combo box with the relevant field of the current record.

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Why do make assumptions and post wrong conclusions? You don't know what the combo is doing! In this case it does NOT lookup a record. It is a standard selection combo which changes a list of values depending on other records.

In my opinion you should never have posted a reply, because you don't understand the situation. I noticed you've posted over 3600 times. I didn't look at all 3600, but I looked at some. You're doing the community a dis-service by making bad posts when you don't really understand the problem. A lot of people, who are very competent, will respond to questions where no one else has responded. When you post a wrong reply, or fail to understand a problem, you make it less likely that someone else will step in and help with the solution.

Please, stop posting misleading answers. Study the posts, ask questions if you need to, but don't assume.

You have zero thanks! 3683 Posts! Don't you realize something is wrong with that?

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
If you're so smart and I'm so stupiud, why can't you figure it out?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:38
Can you post an example demonstrating the behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom