What a dark, dark day in football (1 Viewer)

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, fowlest of football days I can recall. :( :mad: :( Not only did my Bears lose, my Colts lost as well. Ugh. Bears started game off bad and looking back on it they actually may have won if not for a couple bad plays where their corners slipped and fell and Steve $%## Smith broke loose for huge touchdowns. Oh, how hath I angered the football gods??? :confused:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:48
Tell me about it. The best defense in the league gave up two touchdowns because the corners tripped over their own damn feet. Considering how Urlacher made the turnover play that should have given the Bears game-winning momentum, if I were him I'd be ready to kick some cornerback ass. :mad:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Go Panthers!!! (Sorry just had too :p )

Last edited:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Grrrrrr.....

I guess going into the playoffs with an excellent team and then choking against a decent-at-best team is becoming our new M.O.

I guess it's better than consistently sucking.

JoeCruse

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:48
NJudson said:
Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, fowlest of football days I can recall. :( :mad: :( Not only did my Bears lose, my Colts lost as well. Ugh. Bears started game off bad and looking back on it they actually may have won if not for a couple bad plays where their corners slipped and fell and Steve $%## Smith broke loose for huge touchdowns. Oh, how hath I angered the football gods??? :confused:

It's not just that the Colts lost, they blew it AFTER the refs AND Bettis handed them early 2006 Xmas presents. They were given more than enough chances. I also thought Manning's "trying to be a good teamate, but..." schtick was really poor form. Sure, the Colts front line withered many times in the face of the Steeler attack, but the Colts were able to put a bull rush on Rothlesburger also, and they still made the plays. A big difference is in Peyton's legs, or lack of them. He's a great passer, but he's horribly immobile, and any sustained pressure makes him look like an average QB. The Chargers did the same thing to him, as have a healthy Pats defense for a few years now. Before he goes critisizing his O-line (which DOES need a little shoring up), he needs to look in the mirror a little harder. I personally can't stand Manning or the Colts (love Dungy though), but I still think they'll be SuperBowl winners within the next few years.

Some pretty horrible officiating this post season. Even the League office said that the Steelers interception call reversal was dead wrong, and that's unusual for the NFL.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The real football in the UK is tonight when Burton Albion take on Manchester United.

Col

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
The real football in the UK is tonight when Burton Albion take on Manchester United.

Col

Can Manchester United and real football really be used in the same sentance :confused:

I guess you were referring to Burton ;)

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
Can Manchester United and real football really be used in the same sentance :confused:

Hay

not in a sentance they can't, in a sentence of course the two are inseparable :cool: :D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
JoeCruse said:
Some pretty horrible officiating this post season.
Seriously. When the Bears played Geen Bay (ok, that wasn't post season, but it's still bitching about officials so it counts) they were called three or four time in the first quarter for "lining up in the neutral zone". I had to have the call explained to me. Granted, I've watched a relatively small amount of football in my lifetime compared to most guys, but I've never heard that call before. And four times! What a load of crap!

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
five nil, five nil, five nil, dream dream dream :cool: :cool:

It's sad when you have to boast when you can only beat non league sides :p

I actually watched the game Rich, did you? like a true supporter? I got bored with it and when I logged in here you were online instead of being glued to the tv...tut tut! :rolleyes:

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
It's sad when you have to boast when you can only beat non league sides :p

I actually watched the game Rich, did you? like a true supporter? I got bored with it and when I logged in here you were online instead of being glued to the tv...tut tut! :rolleyes:

Hay
notebook in front of the telly Hays :cool:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Go Steelers! :D

THere were some very bad calls in both the NE-DENVER game and the PIT-IND game. The refs seemed to be pro DENVER and pro IND. Luckily, my Steelers pulled through even with the bad calls.

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Yesterday, 18:48
STEELER COUNTRY still reigns...Congrats to the 2005-06 PITTSBURG STEELERS on their FIFTH SUPER BOWL...not the best of games honestly but the ring still fits!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I keep looking at this thread thinking its about football
only to find that its that game played using your hands:confused:

brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I keep looking at this thread thinking its about football
only to find that its that game played using your hands:confused:

brian
except for kickoffs

...and punts

...and field goals

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
So in the average game how many times is the ball kicked?

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom