What a dark, dark day in football (1 Viewer)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:20
Brianwarnock said:
So in the average game how many times is the ball kicked?
Depends upon the scoring strength of the offense and the ability of the defense to prevent a score.

After each touchdown (6pts) the scoring team has the opportunity to kick a field goal for 1 extra point

After the extra point, the scoring team kicks off (kicks ball to other end of the field) for the other team begin their campaign.

If the offense manages to get within 35 yards of the goal line (more for stronger kickers) and they think they can't make the touchdown, they'll attempt kick the ball through the uprights for a 3 point field goal.

If the offense has been placed in a position where they are at their 4th down (out of 4), cannot make a field goal, and cannot push the ball to the point that they get a 1st down conversion, they will punt the ball away to the other team.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:20
Bit more than i thought, never really noticed any kicking in excerts I've seen.

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Probably because usually, nothing "interesting" happens during a kick. Most of the excerpts will show the big runs or the long passes, game breaking interceptions, etc. However :)D ) the Steelers' place kicker has massive leg muscles and has managed three 51-yd field goals in Heinz Field, despite the wind...earned him the nickname "Quadzilla":eek:

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
We've got a kid out here at CU Boulder that typically kicks 60-70 yarders during practice...the NFL is already talking about him becoming the first player to realistically break the all-time record, 63-yards held by two players, including our own Denver Bronco, Jason Elam.

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:

Brian
Don't see many other countries participating in "THE WORLD SERIES" either:eek:

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Yesterday, 23:20
That wasn't shocking the first time it was brought up, Rich.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
So...you know they have medication for OCD now, right? :rolleyes:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Go on, enlighten me:confused: :rolleyes:

What medications are used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder?

Research clearly shows that the serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs) are uniquely effective treatments for OCD. These medications increase the concentration of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. Five SRIs are currently available by prescription in the United States:

Clomipramine (Anafranil, manufactured by Ciba-Geigy)
Fluoxetine (Prozac, manufactured by Lilly)
Fluvoxamine (Luvox, manufactured by Solvay)
Paroxetine (Paxil, manufactured by Smith-Kline Beecham)
Sertraline (Zoloft, manufactured by Pfizer)
..........:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Nice to see that once again the USA has got its priorities right.

The New Orleans stadium has been rebuilt and is now open for business whilst the poor and the blacks still live in a hurricane devastated wasteland where there has been no clear-up operation started yet. Good job its only the poor and the blacks that have to suffer, at least its not the middle class whities.

ref

Col

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
It's not the first time, Col. There was Chavez Ravine in the 1940s. Incidentally, the Ry Cooder album of the same name is fantastic.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 21:20
You maybe should be aware that Paroxetine (Paxil, manufactured by Smith-Kline Beecham) is marketed under the name Seroxat and was widely used in the treatment of depression. However one of its side effects has been found to be increased risk of suicide. Hardly the thing to give someone who's depressed.

How this works with OCD I don't know - but if it works in the genius manner it did with depression expect Rich to be pointing out more often that the world series seems to include very little of the world.

R

Rich

Pauldohert said:
expect Rich to be pointing out more often that the world series seems to include very little of the world.

It's an American thing and thus explains why Americans don't understand worldly affairs

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Great job turning yet another non-political thread into one! Got to hand it to everyone involved.

statsman

Local time

Rich:
Am I going to have to get a copy of the old New York World newspaper and hit you over the head with it.
By the way, it's the WORLD'S Series.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 21:20
I watched some of the build up and the first quarter of the superbowl a couple of weekends ago. The build up included following the teams progress throughout the season, both teams said that their aim for the season wasn't to win their "division" (if thats the correct terms) but to become world champions.

When do the superbowl winners go into a champions league type competition to decide the world champions then????:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4646

and whats this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_World_Cup

Is it like baseball where the US assumes its the best - until it actually played the other teams and then found out it wasn't?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom