What a dark, dark day in football (1 Viewer)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
at one point in time there were two different "football" leagues in the US. They were both combined into the NFL (National Football League), but with the distinction of AFC (American Football Conference) and the NFC(National Football Conference). Within those divisions, there are the inevitable North, East, West, South...which, after all of the moves, don't really mean much. So the individual conferences have their respective top seed ( this year was the San Diego Chargers for the AFC, and the New Orleans Saints for the NFC) which has the best record. The remaining groups are rated according to win loss ratio. After the regular season, there is a "bye week" where the teams that earned their position in the playoffs can sit back and watch, while the teams on the fringe have to fight for the "wild card" positions...aka, you didn't do well enough throughout the season to rate the playoffs, but if you win this game, we'll let you in.

The playoffs, essentially work the way you would assume...the victor moves into the next round, two weeks later, you have the two best teams in the NFC and the two best teams in the AFC battling for the Conference Championship, the victors, moving into the Super Bowl. This year, the best team in the NFL, had their a$$ handed to them by the NE Patriots due to nothing more than better coaching, who, in turn lost to the pathetic Indianapolis colts and the extremely effective if not completly worthless Payton Manning. The NO Saints, on the other hands, managed to lose to Chicago, who had the better defense. So we had two teams in the Super Bowl that were not the best in their respective divisions, but managed to win when it mattered most.

Incidentally, no team has ever entered at the bottom of the totem pole and emerged champs until MY BOYS, the Steelers, entered the fray as a sixth-seed wild card last season and exited as the Super Bowl Champs.

KenHigg

Local time
How can something be 'extremely effective' and 'completly worthless'?

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
How can something be 'extremely effective' and 'completly worthless'?
Payton Manning has got to be one of the best quarterbacks I have ever seen. Great decision making, mobile, good arm, etc. (and accepting all of the credit for it)....aka effective.

He also whines, moans, and bitches when things don't go the way he wants, (the blame resting on everyone else) in the truest meaning of poor sportsmanship ...aka completly worthless.(I have another word for him, but it's not suitable for mixed company.)

how about extremely effective as a quarterback, yet completely worthless as a human being;)

KenHigg

Local time
I see your point. :)

Not trying to be smart, just curious - :)

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:40
Don't hold back Bodi tell us how you REALLY feel about Peyton Manning :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
Col must be off on a scooter trip :p

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Who mentioned "the ones on this forum"?:confused:
You are exactly right...

I shall cease and desist further heavy handed attempts to draw unwarrented parallels between seemingly innocuous statements and anothers national heritage. That was childish, uncalled for, and belongs in the political forum with the rest of the stereotypical name calling and nationality bashing. From now on if I so choose to engage in such rubbish, I'll come visit you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom