What are the top things you would like to see in a future version of Access? (1 Viewer)

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:07
I would like to Access to be web aware making the transformation to web pages seemless by incorporating web features into the object property option. There are some already in Access 2007 by no migration to the web yet.

Another grip but not neccessarily related is if Access goes down the web route whewn sending a page by Email, the pages is routed through IE's rendering engine not just Outlook's rendering engine.

Again on the web front having support for strict document types include floating divs and not just transitional document types and tables.

I would also be great to have Access on an Apple.

Take out that warning message when collaborating with Outlook. "Another program is trying to access Outlook", no shit sherlock! That is by design.

Simon

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 03:07
I am Ac 2003 - user
VBE Module view (Declaration)
#Const gflgCompileATR = False
#Const gflgCompileALL = False
Is missing filter/Header for conditional constants, for example:
#If Not gflgCompileATR Or gflgCompileALL Then, My_function1
<----------#Const header------------------>, functions/subs

You actually can do that already.

Code:
#Const Debug = 1

#If Debug Then

Private Sub OpenExcel()

Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim xlWb As Excel.Workbook
Dim xlWs As Excel.Worksheet

#Else

Private Sub OpenExcel()

Dim xlApp As Object
Dim xlWb As Object
Dim xlWs As Object

#End If

'The rest of sub goes here...

Set xlWs = Nothing
Set xlWb = Nothing
Set xlApp = Nothing

End Sub

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 04:07
Provide a Classic view for Tables & Queries - in Object view - show the Description
In Access 97 to 2003 I used this for verbose description or version tracking.
Now, I have to click on the table object to read each one at a time.
Stick with the Microsoft Explorer standard of objects, details, large icon and so on.
With Access 2007, I have to keep putting on my reading glasses for objects like Tables. Dual 30" monitors don't have the impact it use to for those of us programming since the '80s

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 04:07
My customers are OK with Access reports.
What they really and truly want are complex Excel reports developed with VBA.
Example: click on report icon, create an Excel object, read a record, move the record to Excel at a specifc location with a title, formatting, add formulas to left for date difference, add next column, next column, at end of record add Excel double bars and sum functions

People like reports in Excel because they can grab live data, have custome reports created, have Excel formulas embedded. This lets them negotiate on the spot using "what ifs" and normal Excel skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom