What did you do for your summer vacation? (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 07:28
ColinEssex said:
My wife refers to me as 'im indoors

I must say that for lot that claims to take pride in your command of your language you sure bastardize it with a lot of goofy slang :D

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 13:28
KenHigg said:
Because my darling wife is small and sweet - Like a cupcake

So what does she name you ?

ColinEssex said:
I wouldn't use it though, its not my style all this darling stuff.

Sure, you'ld like to refer to poor old George, cranks and the like :rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:28
KenHigg said:
I must say that for lot that claims to take pride in your command of your language you sure bastardize it with a lot of goofy slang :D
yes, thats the Cockney influence;) you know, "apples and pears" = stairs. "dog and bone" = phone etc etc

here's a phrase

"The trouble and strife is on the dog for you. Been to the quack with her plates of meat, now she's in the rub-a-dub, then off to a friends gaff for some rosie so get a ruby on the way home"

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
rak said:
Sure, you'ld like to refer to poor old George, cranks and the like :rolleyes:
George isn't a crank - he's a religious crank;)

Col

KenHigg

Local time
rak said:
So what does she name you ?

It depends on what she wants. Some times it's come here big boy. Some times it 'hey you'. Most of the time it's just 'hey you'....:( :( :(

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
ColinEssex said:
"The trouble and strife is on the dog for you. Been to the quack with her plates of meat, now she's in the rub-a-dub, then off to a friends gaff for some rosie so get a ruby on the way home"

Ok, let me try to translate that :

"I walked out of the home after a terrible fight with 'er indoors and decided
to have a few drinks at the local pub. On the way back home, I fell asleep and dreamed of some gorgeouss girls with wax in their hair" ? :rolleyes:

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:

Col

Let me give this a go; The wife is on the phone. She's been to the doctor with...(Hum that ones got me). Anyway, now she's in the bath tub then she's going to her friends for some red wine so get something to eat for yourself on the way home. ?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
KenHigg said:
It depends on what she wants. Some times it's come here big boy. Some times it 'hey you'. Most of the time it's just 'hey you'....:( :( :(

Sounds to me that it depends on what she's looking at ? :cool:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
rak said:
Ok, let me try to translate that :

"I walked out of the home after a terrible fight with 'er indoors and decided
to have a few drinks at the local pub. On the way back home, I fell asleep and dreamed of some gorgeouss girls with wax in their hair" ? :rolleyes:

KenHigg said:
Let me give this a go; The wife is on the phone. She's been to the doctor with...(Hum that ones got me). Anyway, now she's in the bath tub then she's going to her friends for some red wine so get something to eat for yourself on the way home. ?

I think Ken wins by a short margin.

"The wife [trouble and strife] is on the phone [dog and bone] for you. Been to the quack [doctor] with her feet [plates of meat], now she's in the pub [rub-a-dub], then off to a friends gaff [house] for some rosie [rosie Lee = tea], so get a ruby [Ruby Murray = curry] on the way home"

Col

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
ColinEssex said:
I think Ken wins by a short margin.

Yeah, I agree , my command of some French patois is much better than
any cockney you produce. :D

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Ok, since I think I might have hijacked this thread into "Terms of Endearment", let me see if I can get it back on track.

Since I am probably not going to have a vacation this summer, here is where I will be spending my leisure time in my mind:

You'll see me in lying on a chaise lounge, on a beach with white sand and crystal-clear blue water, in a white cabana, and you can hear the wind blowing and the waves crashing, and there is a little kid-size chaise lounge next to me, and my baby and I are wearing identical bathing suits, hats, and sunglasses. (and because she is only 10 months old, this vision lasts approximately 5 seconds, and she is up and outta there) And in the dream, someone else is watching her, while a lovely cabana boy stops by to see if I need anything, like a drink, or a massage, or something like that................

And I know that Tasslehoff really went there, but I have to dream it right now.

Lisa

KenHigg

Local time
lmnop7854 said:
Ok, since I think I might have hijacked this thread into "Terms of Endearment", let me see if I can get it back on track.

Since I am probably not going to have a vacation this summer, here is where I will be spending my leisure time in my mind:

You'll see me in lying on a chaise lounge, on a beach with white sand and crystal-clear blue water, in a white cabana, and you can hear the wind blowing and the waves crashing, and there is a little kid-size chaise lounge next to me, and my baby and I are wearing identical bathing suits, hats, and sunglasses. (and because she is only 10 months old, this vision lasts approximately 5 seconds, and she is up and outta there) And in the dream, someone else is watching her, while a lovely cabana boy stops by to see if I need anything, like a drink, or a massage, or something like that................

Lisa

As long as you're dreaming , why not have labf gutting grass, washing & waxing the car, walking the dog, etc...:p

Tasslehoff

Registered User.
Local time
lmnop7854 said:

Lisa

I know you have a young child, so I guess you can't go anytime soon...but as soon as she get's old enough to be reasonably self-sufficient (around 11) I seriously recommend going. Start saving now, around $300 dollars a year, and you can easily go for a week or two. Personally, I recommend a little island called Guana in Abaco, which is in the Bahamas. Deserted beaches and no one and nothing around, except for a locally famous bar, a nice restaurant, and a dive shop. You can learn to dive while you are there (3rd best reefs in the world, really spectacular) and have a little fun at the bar. When I was last there, the developement was on the up and up...but I think it will always remain pretty laid-back and quiet.

My family goes about once every three years to the islands and it is not too hard to save up for the trips, considering the memories you get. It's about $1000 per person per week.

Oh yeah, and Conch Fritters are delicious!

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Tasslehoff said:
I know you have a young child, so I guess you can't go anytime soon...but as soon as she get's old enough to be reasonably self-sufficient (around 11) I seriously recommend going. Start saving now, around $300 dollars a year, and you can easily go for a week or two. Personally, I recommend a little island called Guana in Abaco, which is in the Bahamas. Deserted beaches and no one and nothing around, except for a locally famous bar, a nice restaurant, and a dive shop. You can learn to dive while you are there (3rd best reefs in the world, really spectacular) and have a little fun at the bar. When I was last there, the developement was on the up and up...but I think it will always remain pretty laid-back and quiet.

My family goes about once every three years to the islands and it is not too hard to save up for the trips, considering the memories you get. It's about $1000 per person per week.

Oh yeah, and Conch Fritters are delicious!

Dude, I am so THERE!!! I have pictures I got online of Bora Bora, with the little huts out in the sea that you can stay in, with the glass floors so you can watch the sea creatures from inside. Oh so cool... And I expect ot pay that much for an island vacation, so you can bet I am already looking for a higher paying job so I can save the money and take those vacations. I would love the deserted beaches....just kick me and wake me up....

Lisa

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
KenHigg said:
As long as you're dreaming , why not have labf gutting grass, washing & waxing the car, walking the dog, etc...:p

Nah, that dream will occur after I have lost the labf....:)

Lisa

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
ColinEssex said:
You've lost me now Kenneth:confused:

Col

LABF= lazy ass boyfriend, and he meant cutting grass. Gutting grass would be time consuming and inefficient. :D

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom