Whats up with this Report Wizard thing? (1 Viewer)

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:00
Note:The topic should have said Whats up with this chart wizard thing? Instead or report wizard.

I am working on a report that displays an employees cost of benefits, salary, and the total cost of compensation which is benefits + salary.

I have that part done, now I want to put a pie chart on each page that reflects each employees cost of benefits compared to their total compensation.

I may be missing something here but I can not get the wizard to put the data I am trying to show there. I keep getting this template that shows data containing North, West, East, South, 1st quarter, etc... If I clear that data I can't figure out how to get the field data in the cells.

Is there a way to get around the wizard and create the chart manualy. I can get to the (SQL) Select Statement but I don't know enough about SQL to write it myself.

Here is the row source that the properties for my non existant chart:

SELECT Null,Sum([SubTotal]) AS [SumOfSubTotal] FROM [BenefitsQuery];

[This message has been edited by Talismanic (edited 12-20-2000).]

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Today, 22:00
That chart thing is a bit weird isn't it!

I assume that you have a query that returns the info for the chart? Is that passing the data correctly? If so, why not copy the SQL from that query(click the dropdown arrow to the side of button that you normally use to run the select query and you will get a 'SQL'view option). Try pasting that as the SQL for the chart query.

I've found the chart wizard a bit temperamental but good luck and I hope I'm not teaching my grandma to suck eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom