Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 03:48
FB_IMG_1589619266593.jpg

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:48
It is a sneak preview of coming attractions, retirement. Kinda getting the hang of it.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The barber shops finally opened in North Carolina. As expected, the rush was on to get haircuts. A long line formed. Overheard this humorous comment while in line; as inside church services still not allowed, but going inside big box stores is allowed. "Services will begin immediately in the plumbing department."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
In So. California we're in phase 2 of reopening, not sure if that's good news or bad.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Just because the government has allowed opening some other businesses, I do not think I will visit them anytime soon. Normally we would have gone to a local lake (OK, it is 1.5 hours away) to use our personal water craft by now. But we are not sure when we might go.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:48
True, Tera. What's worse is that artificial intelligence can't cope with natural stupidity. And humans unfortunately have a lot of that.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:48
AI has it's own fair share.

I ask Google to switch the uplighter on. She says 'sorry that device does not appear to be set up'
I ask again and she says 'Ok, switching uplighter on' :-(

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I humorous observation. The quote below was from a person posting on another website, but it sounds like one that has been making "the rounds" on the internet. Seems that it is at least five years old. Also, for those into minutiae, 31° 15′ 37″ N 100° 49′ 09″ W is located in Mertzon, Texas

A woman in a hot air balloon drifting slowly, realizes she is lost. She lowers her altitude and spots a man fishing from a boat below. She shouts to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet her an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consults his portable GPS and replies, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

The woman rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a conservative!" "I am," replies the man. "How did you know?" "Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you're not much help to me."

The man smiles and responds, "You must be a progressive." "I am, replies the balloonist. "How did you know?" "Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Adapted from the engineer (ground) and boss (balloon) joke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom