What's your best/worst joke? (2 Viewers)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 03:22
When I was a wee lad at the tender age of 18, I was stationed in Atsugi, Japan. A short train ride would take me to the great city of Yokohama where there was a Shakey's Pizza.

We would go there to eat at a familiar restaurant and meet girls...I was more successful with the former...long story...I'm about as smooth as sandpaper

It was there that I was introduced to ingredients that I would have NEVER put on pizza - two of those were shrimp and pineapple.

Folks, don't knock it til you try it!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:22
A long time ago I worked for a company that made 80m pizza's a year, which put me off the smell of cheese and tomato for years. I also have an allergy to mushrooms so many pizza toppings are off my list anyway. When we do have pizza I tend to go for 'Hawaian' - but there are definitely good 'uns and bad 'uns :rolleyes:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:22
Just because it's popular doesn't make it right...

Didja ever hear of guilty pleasures? Although to be true, if I had a ham and pineapple pizza available and ate it, I wouldn't feel even a momentary pang of guilt. Maybe a little dyspepsia, but no guilt.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I want a large "breaking bad" pizza like the one they threw up on the garage roof.

The Nintendo is deliberately accidental.

deletedT

Local time
When you're on social media, you see a hundred versions of the same thing.
I've seen so many versions of this. But I don't know why only this one seemed funny to me.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:22
They found the old bat who started the virus

1588299872653.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
AB, the rumor is that the virus was started by someone who ate a bat. Who in their right mind would want to eat THAT?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I've said elsewhere here that they are a protein staple in some countries. I've seen pics (supposedly of that wet market) of dozens of bats stacked belly side up on a table like they were vegetables or something. If you're poor and desperate enough you'll eat just about anything to stay alive. If enough people do something often enough it becomes the norm.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True that, Micron. Which is why Cajuns eat stewed nutria. (If in doubt, look it up as Coypu, it's South American name.)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
In the poorest parts of Mexico they will eat animals from snout to tail and even the hoofs, but they don't infect the rest of the world.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
True that, Micron. Which is why Cajuns eat stewed nutria. (If in doubt, look it up as Coypu, it's South American name.)
Hard to know where to draw the line. Would you eat a capybara if you were lost in the jungle? It looks more like a hairy pig or maybe a wild boar without the tusks. Yet it's a rodent too.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Britney Spears says she accidentally burned down her home gym, but couldn't dial 911.

She couldn't find the "eleven" in 911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom