What's your best/worst joke? (4 Viewers)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:51
Screenshot_20230402-140534.png

ChrisH81

Local time
Today, 20:51
Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing! 😂

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:51
You know, I feel sorry for the woman pictured in #3680 and #3681 - her face has become an internet meme for "crazy woman" and yet she doesn't even get royalties. Which will eventually make her even crazier.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 15:51
Sign of the times: Three times this week I was going pass school bus stops. Every single kid was playing on their cell phone. What happened to the good old days when kids at bus stops interacted with each other. Good old fist fights, belittling each other, fling mud on them. Good old days gone forever.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
On the other hand, if they were glued to their phones, they weren't passing joints around.

Actually, my 16-year-old grandson is glued to his phone. But he isn't looking at Tik-Tok challenges. He has developed an interest in some highly informative podcasts created by some educational organization. They have great lessons on the damnedest topics I had ever seen. For instance, one of the topics revealed that the way Congress works was loosely modeled after the way the Adirondack Nation ran their multi-tribe nation. (Adirondack = a Native American tribal group for our foreign friends). Or at least, the way Congress USED to work...

conception_native_0123

Local time
Actually, my 16-year-old grandson is glued to his phone.
richard,

tonight I went to see the performers of "whos line is it anyway" live here in iowa city and the kid sitting next to me was glued to his phone the whole time. I almost asked him why he bought his ticket!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I went to a performance of the comedian Sinbad - a very funny and remarkably "clean" fellow. Loud? Yes. Energetic? Sometimes. Vulgar? No way. A young lady in the audience was glued to her cell phone and he called her out on it. We could see her blush from 20 rows back.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:51
Sign of the times: Three times this week I was going pass school bus stops. Every single kid was playing on their cell phone. What happened to the good old days when kids at bus stops interacted with each other. Good old fist fights, belittling each other, fling mud on them. Good old days gone forever.
Smartphones have REALLY changed us - even most of the best people who were most determined not to change.

@The_Doc_Man You do make a valid point, however, I think the proportion of people and their Time that cell phones have ravaged, to isolate and perpetuate over-usage at the expense of everything else, is much greater than the proportion of those who may have gotten caught up in the passing joints around lifestyle.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
richard,

tonight I went to see the performers of "whos line is it anyway" live here in iowa city and the kid sitting next to me was glued to his phone the whole time. I almost asked him why he bought his ticket!

I probably would have been tempted to ask the same question.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Isaac - The only joints I have to worry about these days are in the hands of my torturers. (whoops... 'scuse me... my physical therapists who are currently working on my lower back mobility.) They haven't broken me yet, though. I've only confessed to petty misdemeanors for which the statute of limitations has already run out.

JonXL

Local time
richard,

That's a question I'd probably ask anyone attending a "Whose Line is it Anyway?" event...

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:51
I told my physio early in the treatment that I knew he had a plan for me - a Work Harder Incentive Plan

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I told my physio early in the treatment that I knew he had a plan for me - a Work Harder Incentive Plan

Yes, but the therapists I visit don't wear black leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom