What's your feeling about churches and Christianity? (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:05
:D smarta$$. I seem to be having a lot of *Colin* moments lately with my lack of typing ability. :rolleyes: Let us all see my admittance....RABBI

Oh really. How do you define a *Colin* moment?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:05
:D smarta$$. I seem to be having a lot of *Colin* moments lately with my lack of typing ability. :rolleyes: Let us all see my admittance....RABBI

While you're in correction mode, the quote in Matthew: "Behold, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden"

Is actually from Zechariah 9, not Isaiah.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:05
While you're in correction mode, the quote in Matthew: "Behold, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden"

Is actually from Zechariah 9, not Isaiah.
no kidding? can you point me to the post where I said it was from Isaiah? I've never read Zechariah, I don't think. I'm almost certain somewhere in Isaiah the scripture says the same kind of thing....prophecising Christ's triumphant entry into Jerusalem.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:05
no kidding? can you point me to the post where I said it was from Isaiah? I've never read Zechariah, I don't think. I'm almost certain somewhere in Isaiah the scripture says the same kind of thing....prophecising Christ's triumphant entry into Jerusalem.

It's post 15

I don't want to get into this discussion - I come to the forum to talk about Access - but my own views very closely match those of Doc_man

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It's post 15

I don't want to get into this discussion - I come to the forum to talk about Access - but my own views very closely match those of Doc_man
ok. thanks. I'll have to research through Isaiah and see if I'm right in that the passage is really in there as well....

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Once again,, do we really need another thread about religion/Christianity etc
The vast majority of the responses seem to indicate not.

I'm bowing out of this thread now without indicating anything more about my own views.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
The Christian get out clause...

'God gave us Free Will'

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, I'm not worried about Isaiah or Zacariah. I told you I had done some Bible reading when I was still a Methodist. This quote from Matthew (7:5) seems more appropriate.

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Adam, I'm not worried about Isaiah or Zacariah. I told you I had done some Bible reading when I was still a Methodist. This quote from Matthew (7:5) seems more appropriate.
I hope you're not telling me that I'm a hypocrite Richard. I would change my tone about you *immediately*. I'm not even sure I would wanna be your friend anymore either. I just had a conversation the other day with a gentleman that was your age, and he called me a hypocrite too, even though I showed compassion for the man for an hour during our discussion. It became very apparent that he was full of hatred because most of the Christian community that act all high and mighty completely condemn gay people. And he hated that, so he, in his narrowmindedness, assumed that I fall into the same boat. Unfortunately the man never came to the realization of who I was and what I stand for. So the conversation didn't go anywhere. But there's nothing I can about people like that who harbor hatred based on their experiences with the majority in this world. How can I do anything!? I'm just part of the minority, and always will be. Kind of like Jesus himself....very few people believed what he could do, and eventually they tried to prove their almightyness by killing the damn guy. But then again, who ended up winning that game?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, you are transparent, too. You had that conversation with me and I am not so old or feeble as to forget that quickly. I do not and will not assume that you are anti-gay. The context of the conversation was why I refused to go back and give your non-existent savior another shot.

Unfortunately the man never came to the realization of who I was and what I stand for.

Don't confuse "don't know" with "don't care."

I'm not even sure I would wanna be your friend anymore either.

That's OK by me, just don't send a "Friend" request and I won't have to delete it.

How can I do anything!? I'm just part of the minority, and always will be.

One small bit of advice, attributed to Edmund Burke

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Don't confuse "don't know" with "don't care."
That's a big problem Richard. People who fall into the "dont care" boat are causing just as much damage as the hateful Christians are. Both are equally at fault because they have both have hatred about the other, which of course becomes just as useful as the idiot politicians on both sides of the isle constantly fighting with each other.
That's OK by me, just don't send a "Friend" request and I won't have to delete it.
Do you really wanna go separate ways? That would be kind of a tragedy for the forum I would think, since so many people over the last couple of months have read this back-and-forth tadoo between you and I.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Do you really wanna go separate ways?

Do you honestly think we were ever otherwise?

I give advice where I can and try most of the time to be cordial. When someone rubs me the wrong way, though, I can be less cordial. Haven't you noticed, or did THAT go over your head as well?

Don't mistake that attempted cordiality for something else that isn't there. Adam, you are welcome to stay here as long as you like. I have no control (and don't want any) over you. It was, is, and will always be your choice to stay or leave. But don't think that I like you. In fact, at the personal level I neither like nor dislike you. Don't ask for details about "at the professional level" and you won't be insulted.

That would be kind of a tragedy for the forum I would think, since so many people over the last couple of months have read this back-and-forth tadoo between you and I.

The question would be whether they found it entertaining because of wit, knowledge, or humor; or if they watched in morbid fascination. Do you need to guess which way I see it?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
But don't think that I like you. In fact, at the personal level I neither like nor dislike you.
Well I guess I'll say, as of now, since you are my elder, that I have respect for you, but I certainly wouldn't say I like you at all because I think your attitude towards people in general is terrible and very negative. Reminds me of the waitress at my favorite restaurant in town. She's your age and virtually everything she says is negative, regardless of the subject. It gets extremely annoying. I would never adopt the attitude your showing me, even if someone threatened my life. So I guess we can end things here. I don't feel too bad about it. I hope you don't either. I wish you luck though, in your efforts to use your viewpoint to communicate with other people. Hopefully it proves to be effective in your area of the world. I'm not sure it would be so up in this area.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
My personal view on this is that I do not believe in an alimighty omniprescient being who created everything and who is to refered to as a Deity...

I think if such a being existed and we are his children then given the amount of atrocities that we cause to one another and especially to children and because he does not intervene then he is not a very good father in my eyes, and I would certainly not wish him to be mine...

But then of course Christians counter this by saying that God gave us Free Will as to an excuse as to why he does'nt intervene... handy that eh...

On the flip side, I do like to believe that when our physical body dies that our spirit/soul/consciousness, call it what you will lives on in a different guise, and that the deAth of the physical body is just part of this transition process..

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
But then of course Christians counter this by saying that God gave us Free Will
it's not an excuse Scott. You're mistaken. The Lord tells his people that he's giving them this will as a gift to them after the *supposed* flood in Noah's day happened. He promises in Genesis that he will never flood the earth again and kill all living beings. Furthermore, the *supposed* creation story of Adam and Eve also shows this about him. It is Eve's free will that results in her eating the bad apple. If there was no free will, God would've prevented that because he knew the apple came from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
I do like to believe that when our physical body dies that our spirit/soul/consciousness, call it what you will lives on in a different guise, and that the deAth of the physical body is just part of this transition process..
that's correct, to some degree. The "consciousness" you're talking about is referred to as the *soul*. Some people believe that the sou and the spirit are the same thing. They probably are, they're just used in different contexts when talking about them.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
During the Noah days, what happened to the food chain? Did the Lions eat only the male animals, after the female had been made pregnant, otherwise the entire food chain collapses?

Why didn't he wipe out the fish too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom