Which Sports do you like the most? (1 Viewer)

runikim025

Local time
Today, 07:41
List Of Sports
  • soccer
  • basketball
  • tennis
  • baseball
  • golf
  • running
  • volleyball
  • badminton
These are the games which is most played and like in the world. Many people play different games. I like to play Golf with women putters. Sometimes, I play with my friends baseball and badminton.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:41
I love American Football the most, but understand why the rest of the world does not share my appreciation. While living abroad, I developed a love for soccer (the REAL football sport!) and rugby.

I only watch baseball and basketball during the playoffs, there is simply too many games to keep up with!

Welcome to AWF BTW...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
As a participatory sport, I used to love tennis before my knees went bad. Now I really can't do much except long neighborhood walking.

As an observational sport, I like USA football and have developed an appreciation for women's soccer after watching the USWNT in the 2019 World Cup.

Then there is my guilty pleasure... rainy-day golf. No, I don't mean watching golfers get rained on. I mean that when it is rainy out so that I can't go for my walk, if a golf tournament is on it is the PERFECT thing to watch when I want to take a nap. The announcers all speak in hushed tones. Most of the applause is the muted "golf clap." The crowd only cheers loudly for really good shots, which wakes me up in time to see the inevitable replays from two or three different angles, and there are long gaps between the action for the better players. It provides the perfect level of background noise for a rainy-day afternoon nap.

Umpire

Local time
Yesterday, 19:41
You left the best sport off the list. Hockey.
For participation, I was a US high school Football and youth Baseball official for 18 years. That is where my user name came from. I hate watching Baseball on TV but enjoy watching it live.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:41
Ping pong, who doesn't like playing ping pong!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
For watching, I'd have to go with soccer. The constant ball action is second to none and I feel that pro soccer players are some of the most fit and true "athletes" that exist.

For playing, or trying miserably to, I'd go with tennis.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:41
I love watching MotoGP racing. The sheer physicality and skill of the riders is incredible. Seeing a bike doing 360 kph (100 metres per second) is amazing as is watching a rider take a curve at 160 kph while laying the bike over at almost 60 degrees with their body almost touching the road,

For participation I choose unicycling. Great to watch too but few opportunities available.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
their body almost touching the road

I don't watch often, but holy cow they are amazing. I don't see how they don't get their knee ripped off when they go around corners. It looks like they're brushing the pavement.

I play golf and racquetball, watch all kinds of stuff, perhaps my favorite is American football (yeah, I know, they don't even use their foot).

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:41
I am a Snooker fan. I particularly like watching the final at the Crucible in Sheffield where you can see two seasoned professional snooker players fall to pieces under the pressure. I find it very interesting because it is the most intense and best demonstration I've ever seen of the part psychology plays in Sport.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't see how they don't get their knee ripped off when they go around corners. It looks like they're brushing the pavement.
Their knee and elbow sliders are brushing the pavement. It is how they know they are far enough down.

Fabio Quartararo is doing 80 kph in this slow motion video with the bike leaning at 63 degrees. Note the line the back wheel is taking.

They put the bike into a slide to help with the cornering. They all train on motocross then do the same moves on the tarmac. I am also absolutely in awe of how they can be braking at well over 200 kph and go into a turn with the back wheel still off the ground.

These riders can do lap after lap consistent to a tenth of a second in around a ninety second lap. Qualifying is usually determined by differences of hundredths of a second. The difference between first and fifteenth in a forty five minute race race can easily be a matter of less than five seconds.

I urge anyone who has not watched MotoGP to take a look. Seriously you won't believe what you see. The next meeting is in a week. The races will be Sunday afternoon European time.

The Moto3 race is often the most exciting with it not being unusual for half the field to be in a lead group with the leader constantly changing in almost unbelievable overtakes. All the more exciting this year with the sixteen year old sensational rookie Pedro Acosta who was placed second in the first race of the season and has won every race since, one of them from a pit lane start.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Their knee and elbow sliders are brushing the pavement. It is how they know they are far enough down.

Fabio Quartararo is doing 80 kph in this slow motion video with the bike leaning at 63 degrees. Note the line the back wheel is taking.

They put the bike into a slide to help with the cornering. They all train on motocross then do the same moves on the tarmac. I am also absolutely in awe of how they can be braking at well over 200 kph and go into a turn with the back wheel still off the ground.

These riders can do lap after lap consistent to a tenth of a second in around a ninety second lap. Qualifying is usually determined by differences of hundredths of a second. The difference between first and fifteenth in a forty five minute race race can easily be a matter of less than five seconds.

I urge anyone who has not watched MotoGP to take a look. Seriously you won't believe what you see. The next meeting is in a week. The races will be Sunday afternoon European time.

The Moto3 race is often the most exciting with it not being unusual for half the field to be in a lead group with the leader constantly changing in almost unbelievable overtakes. All the more exciting this year with the sixteen year old sensational rookie Pedro Acosta who was placed second in the first race of the season and has won every race since, one of them from a pit lane start.
Wow!!!!! That is indeed jaw-dropping, man. How do they even do that and lift their motors without flaw?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
How do they even do that and lift their motors without flaw?
Unfortunately it is not always without a flaw. When it goes wrong the rider can experience the dreaded "highside" where they can be flung more than two metres in the air from a bike travelling at 170 kph and then slide down the road for 100 metres.

Every now and again someone crashes at over 300 kph. Deaths are surprisingly few.

Umpire

Local time
For watching, I'd have to go with soccer. The constant ball action is second to none and I feel that pro soccer players are some of the most fit and true "athletes" that exist.

For playing, or trying miserably to, I'd go with tennis.
Until one gets a hang nail. Then you would think they were being murdered.
No you are correct. There is basically non-stop action in Soccer.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Until one gets a hang nail. Then you would think they were being murdered.
No you are correct. There is basically non-stop action in Soccer.

It is funny that the slightest contact will leave them writhing in agony...until their team gets the ball back and suddenly they can run like a gazelle. :p

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It is funny that the slightest contact will leave them writhing in agony...until their team gets the ball back and suddenly they can run like a gazelle.
One of the funniest things I saw in soccer was when the ref got hit. Force of habit had him writhing around on the ground until he suddenly remembered he was the ref, got up and went back to normal.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
A long time ago I used to watch grunt-n-groan "Championship Wrestling" - until I was presented with visual proof of how fake it was even in the 1980s. But where this is relevant to G's comment is the one thing that every grunt-n-groan wrassler (as they were often called in my youth) had to know - how to "milk" a contact for all it was worth.

Just to answer the implied question: I don't recall the name of the promotion company, but it was before WWE became a thing. It might have been the old WWF for which Jim Cornett was the chief promoter. These promotions would make a deal so their "stable" of wrestlers could get a paycheck. They would offer a promotional match to a charitable organization if that organization would help with the advertising, then split the gate profits 50-50. So one year, a public high school in my area took them up on that deal. It happened that the arena was a public playground down the block and around the corner from my house... easy walking distance. It was for the local high school AND parking was a non-problem. So I supported the school, bought a front-row seat, and made it a point to boo and hiss all the villains and cheer all the heroes. Watched the matches, got rowdy, had a good time.

So two days later, I watched the weekly show by that same promotion - and they showed the same matches but NOT from the venue where I had seen them. Exact same wrestlers. Exact same pair-ups. Exact same order of matches. Exact same choreography. Exact same results. Totally different (much larger) arena. I had more or less known that it was all faked anyway, but that was proof and it occurred over 35 years ago. Since then, I only look long enough to see if they have any pretty new lady wrestlers. (I'm married but I ain't dead.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom