White Lives Don't Matter - apparently (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:51
I don't believe that two wrongs make a right so no Colin, flying a banner with a racist sentiment was not appropriate but how long are we supposed to take this hate speech?. What do you think is an appropriate response? The left wing has gone completely communist radical at least in the US. There is nothing rational or positive in their positions. It is nothing but hate. If you don't kneel before us, you're a racist. If you believe the police are not evil, you're a racist. Racists see racism everywhere. No one else does. Tear down the statues. Only Black lives matter - but not all of them. Deface the monuments to war dead. Who cares what side or what war. I'm pretty sure these idiots don't actually know they are defacing statues honoring black people like Arthur Ash (tennis player) or black dead from WWII or abolitionists. Do they even know what the term means? Look at the crowds. They are WHITE college aged people. Who filled them with such hatred? Was it the Marxist teachers they've had all these years? Or did their parents teach them all that hate?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:51
If you keep dividing people into groups of black and white, you will just enhance racism, in my view. The lady who's racist bile, which prompted this thread, wrapped up in her woke salad, feels its ok to be offensive to whites, has alienated tens of thousands of people in the UK. Include me in that list.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
OMG, I can't believe this. I think change.org have just taken down the petition to get this racist professor fired. Cannot find it on there anymore. More censorship from the left leaning. Plenty of petitions on there to get Katie Hopkins fired from this or that. But because she is a woman of colour, they have removed the petition. Censorship and racism, treating whites differently to blacks. Are whites no longer able to have a petition against a black person if they believe she should be fired?

This reminds me of what goes on in Russia. State media controlling what you see to fit just the one viewpoint.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Republicans are feckless pieces of crap cowering in the corner afraid that someone will call them a racist if they speak out. Trump is pushing to remove the exemption that social media platforms have in the US that prevent people from suing them if the platform censors them. It's a start but it has to get through Congress first and the Republicans are afraid to be in favor of the removal of the protection and the Democrats are 100% against removing the protection but that's because the social media platforms are all left leaning and so they are significantly less likely to "de-platform" a liberal than a conservative. We are doomed.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I was under the illusion that change.org might be a neutral organisation, that gives a voice to all views. Clearly not.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
YouTube interview with Ben Shapiro and Victor Davis Hanson June 3, 2020. They cover a lot of issues. The significance of the interview, in terms of this thread, are the concepts of "virtue signaling" and the failure of the establishment to refute the accusations of racism. If you attempt to defend traditional American values the left immediately demonizes your character and vilely accuses you of being racist.

Additional article: Gutfeld on fake noose

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Washington governor announces misdemeanor charges for people who don't wear masks. Another example of a governor, who is a Democrat, to institute a criminal action against a person for not wearing a mask, but apparently not taking any criminal action against protesters who commit violent acts, such as seizing a portion of downtown Seattle and depriving the people who work and live in that area of their rights. The governor is practicing selective law enforcement for self-serving political gain.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
By saying "Should", you seem to think there is some objective standard by which these things are judged. The Guardian, I imagine, would say its racist and should not be done. Another paper might say its fine, because Black Lives Matter banners are everywhere.

So I ask you, would it be ok to fly a 'Black Lives Matter" banner over the football ground or do you think we should discriminate based on skin colour? If something is provacative, should it not be done? In the Labour party, should they treat Jews and Blacks differently?

All religious and ethnic groups should be treated equally by any organisation including both the Labour and Conservative parties.

To answer the hypothetical question about the banner, I don't think it would have been OK and would probably also have been considered provocative by some members of the community given the history of racial violence experienced in Burnley.

You have still avoided answering my question about the actual event that occurred. Was that OK in your view?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
The latest doing the rounds

And the actual words.

The Parable of the Lost Sheep
15 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
All religious and ethnic groups should be treated equally by any organisation including both the Labour and Conservative parties.
Agreed. I brought this up because there didn't seem to be accusations of racism against the Labour party by the black community, but a huge number of cases by the Jewish community.

You have still avoided answering my question about the actual event that occurred. Was that OK in your view?
A few responses to that. Firstly, I don't have a view on it. I did answer the question you asked. You never said "in your view". Secondly, why so insistent on my answering your question when during our thread that talked about statistics, you refused to answer mine, or do you believe that there should be one rule for you and another for everybody else? Thirdly, I asked several questions earlier and you avoided several of them.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@Gasman Good parable, but there is a difference. That one lost sheep, in the parable, is not assaulting the other 99 sheep. Moreover, the assertion that that one lose sheep is in danger is a fiction. It is Orwellian Newspeak. Here, in Black Lives Matter, we have a virulent anti-white tidal wave. Anyone, who questions the mantra of Black Lives Matter, in the best of the techniques of rabid revolutionary movements, is accused to racism to be excoriated.

If You Don’t Support Black Lives Matter, You’re Fired. John Daniel Davidson wrote:
There will be no opting out of the Black Lives Matter movement. You’re either for BLM or against it—and if you’re against it, you’re a racist. You will either support BLM publicly and enthusiastically, or you will be harassed, shunned, and shamed out of mainstream America. If you dare to speak a word against BLM, you will be targeted, mobbed, and probably fired.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
we have a virulent anti-white tidal wave.
Yes, and it comes from the left wing Marxist elements. Their goal is and has always been to bring down capitalism, they are just manipulating the situation to further their ends.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Gasman Good parable, but there is a difference. That one lost sheep, in the parable, is not assaulting the other 99 sheep. Moreover, the assertion that that one lose sheep is in danger is a fiction. It is Orwellian Newspeak. Here, in Black Lives Matter, we have a virulent anti-white tidal wave. Anyone, who questions the mantra of Black Lives Matter, in the best of the techniques of rabid revolutionary movements, is accused to racism to be excoriated.

If You Don’t Support Black Lives Matter, You’re Fired. John Daniel Davidson wrote:
Nothing to me. It was posted on by an old team leader of mine and now and again I get curious as to how true something actually is.
Personally I feel the parable has been twisted to suit, but that happens all the time. :( However, pass it around enough on social media and it will be believed.?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The lady who posted the "White Lives Don't Matter" tweet is a Marxist. Go figure.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Nothing to me. It was posted on by an old team leader of mine and now and again I get curious as to how true something actually is.
Personally I feel the parable has been twisted to suit, but that happens all the time. :( However, pass it around enough on social media and it will be believed.?
My apologies. Sometimes it is difficult to know if a reference in a post actuallt represents the belief of the poster or is simply an example of someone else's thinking.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@Jon
With reference to post #30, as far as I am aware the only questions directed at me that I overlooked was the following
Why would it be considered a criminal offence? Should according to who's perspective?

I mentioned that in post #14 because the police had investigated that event and decided it wasn't a criminal offence.
I wasn't making any assumptions either way and don't have an opinion on it..

As is so often the case, we also disagree about whether the other had answered questions asked either in this thread or the thread about statistics

Dreamweaver

Local time
This is a joke ALL LIFES MATTER Black, White, Brown No wonder this planet is in such trouble if we arn't enlightened enough to understand that simple fact.

I'm not saying any more except I'm white and my best friend for the last 40 years is coloured

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@MickJav Apparently, some think that saying All Lives Matter is racist, and said by white supremacists. In the US, there were people fired for tweeting that.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
My apologies. Sometimes it is difficult to know if a reference in a post actuallt represents the belief of the poster or is simply an example of someone else's thinking.
No apology required. :)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
This article sums things up nicely. I liked this quote:
In what kind of crazy world do you get sacked from your job for saying that ‘White lives matter’ but get promoted for saying that ‘White lives don’t matter’?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom