Why some people rank others and treat them accordingly... (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 17:48
Despite of the 'Rank' Holder doing all the helps He/She can to others...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:18
Some cultures more than others are centered around people's social class. I think this is very sad. Hopefully it gets less common as time goes on.

Every human being matters greatly and, if they accept God's free gift of salvation, can have a great and close loving relationship with God. This means all human beings have equal access to the best position of all - being right towards God.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:18
In the UK, the class structure is alive and well. We have upper class, middle class and working class.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:18
We have a diminishing middle class here, but still COULD claim an upper, middle, and lower class. But then, given some of our politicians, I have to say you left out one, Col... the NO class group.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:18
Classes in the US are arbitrary and based on earning power. That makes our class system mobile unlike that of the UK and India and other cultures with hard class boundaries. If you have enough money, you can go anywhere.

One of my favorite stories to read to my daughter as she was growing up was the Dr. Seuss book "The Star Bellied Sneeches". It is probably banned today because it makes a mockery of class/race distinctions. The left would hate it.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 17:48
No serious tone please. The whole approach is to understand the world

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:18
The whole approach is to understand the world

In other words, it is an effort doomed to failure, because it is almost impossible to understand why people do some of the horrific or stupid or hateful things they do.

In the funniest way possible

There is perhaps a minuscule truth to be had if you pursue the question of why we laugh.

Hint: Laughter occurs when you expose someone ELSE's weakness or shortcomings, thereby giving you relief that - at least for the moment - you WEREN'T as dumb or as unlucky as the target of the joke. Think about it. Laughter is the expression of relief at how stupid or unlucky you aren't.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:18
This is not an example of a non-evaluation, but rather a blanket and therefore false prejudice of others.
Are you lecturing me? Are you aware that the Progressives, who are currently running the show here, made efforts to ban Dr. Seuss and succeeded!!! They got the publisher to agree to take 6 books out of publication. One of which I really liked - "To think that I saw it on Mulberry Street". The others were newer and so I never read them.

His characters were not diverse enough. "The study also argues that since the majority of human characters in Dr. Seuss’ books are White, his works – inadvertently or not – center Whiteness and thus perpetuate White supremacy." "Research in recent years has revealed strong racial undertones in many books written/illustrated by Dr. Seuss,” LCPS said in its statement"

You can find racial undertones any place you want if race is all you ever think about when interacting with others. No one dares to make a peep about the Congressional "Black" Caucus or other all black institutions like black colleges. Why can we have black colleges but not white colleges? Why can we have black dorms but not white dorms? Why can we have black graduation ceremonies but not white ones? Why have colleges gone bat guano crazy to return to segregation? WHO EXACTLY, are the racists among us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom