Will Biden Ever Take Genuine Hard Questions from Reporters? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:43
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ay-through-rare-press-event/vi-BB1b4JK5During the campaign and now after the election Biden still makes himself "unavailable" to answer legitimate probing question from reporters. Periodically, Biden even lashes out at them. Instead of pressing Biden, the reporters meekly shut-up.

Joe Biden: Why Are Reporters Asking Me Questions?
"Former Vice President Joe Biden isn’t used to getting real questions. On Friday, Biden appeared dumbfounded as to why a reporter was asking the projected Democratic presidential-elect a question as the press pool was being scurried away by staff."

"It was a bizarre episode for the 78-year-old Democrat, who enjoyed the least amount of media scrutiny on the campaign trail of any modern candidate running for president. While serious revelations were emerging, revealing Biden’s role in his son’s potentially criminal overseas business dealings, reporters asked hard-hitting questions such as what kind of ice cream Biden purchased at a pit stop."

Biden declines to say where he stands on BLM-backed BREATHE Act
"Despite repeated requests for comment from Biden's transition team, Fox News did not get a response on whether his administration supports the reforms suggested in the bill, and whether he will make its passage a key priority once assuming the White House come January.

Biden's transition team has been tight-lipped about the president's agenda regarding reforms affecting Black people, even as its senior adviser, Kate Bedingfield, told "Fox News Sunday" that the president-elect will announce his first Cabinet picks on Tuesday, without going into specifics."

As a corollary observation: The press acts with open blatant hostility towards Trump. Yet when it comes to interviewing Biden, the press asks nothing but "softball" questions. The "fake" questions that they do make tend to be long winded preambles with an anti-Trump bias to provide opportunists for Biden to attack Trump.

Joe Biden holds press conference, offers Thanksgiving warning, has softball game with reporters
"Joe Biden held what appeared to be a choreographed press conference with some reporters today. "(Emphasis added)

Joe Concha: "First 5 questions for Biden, 4 focused on Trump. Non-Trump question was about an executive order relieving student debt. Biden occasionally looked at notes during some answers. Reporters stepped up to a microphone in a pre-determined order, they weren’t randomly called upon."

Arroyo: Joe Biden 'stumbles' his way through rare press event

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:43

Will Biden Ever Take Genuine Hard Questions from Reporters?​

Would you? It appears to me that the purpose of a reporter is no longer to be a "reporter" someone who tells me what is happening in the world, it appears to me that a reporters job is now to create sensationalism, to distort what people say to meet the purposes of their particular political bent.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Will Biden Ever Take Genuine Hard Questions from Reporters?​

Would you? It appears to me that the purpose of a reporter is no longer to be a "reporter" someone who tells me what is happening in the world, it appears to me that a reporters job is now to create sensationalism, to distort what people say to meet the purposes of their particular political bent.
"Reporters" instead of being persons who tells the public what is happening in the world, now suppress news counter their political bent and amplify news that supports supports their political bent. Suppression/amplification in reporting, moreover, involves the purposeful misrepresentation of "facts" that taints the legitimacy of the story. A massive distortion of reality.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
There are several news sources which purport to offer unbiased news. However they do seem to have their own agendas. I particularly like:-

Think Spot

And:-
Quillette

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
That quillette site also has lots of podcasts. You can listen to podcasts whilst driving, washing up, hoovering, cleaning the patio (on my list) - really any job that doesn't require to much attention.

I'm currently listening to "The Power of Now" series, with Eckhart Tolle & Oprah Winfrey. 10, 1hr interviews, with phone ins from Oprah's entourage.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I listen to tons of podcasts. Its like radio but with any topic of your choosing.

I've listened to "The Power of Now". His voice and word combinations are almost hypnotic!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've listened to "The Power of Now". His voice and word combinations are almost hypnotic
Yes, Eckhart Tolle has something special. Years ago I would have considered him some sort of charlatan, but now I'm not so sure.

He has some real insights into the human psyche. Both Eckhart Tolle and Jordan Peterson have opened my eyes to the vastness of the human consciousness.

In many ways they are poles apart, Eckhart with his spiritual approach, Jordan with his scientific approach.

They are as different as chalk and cheese, but their underlying message is so similar, it's unbelievable.

Both taking insights from ancient texts some appearing in the Bible.

They both have a knack for reinterpreting the Bible messages in a modern and useful way.

It would be easy for people to believe that they (both) were manipulating the Bible messages to develop themselves a cult following.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I never take as gospel anything either says, but I do take bits here and there, which improves my understanding of the world. The fact they come at things from different angles is a good thing. I find it quite easy to sink into the one paradigm, and treat every problem as a nail for my hammer. But these different perspectives give you more tools with which to perceive things.

I still get confused why many want to portray Jordon as some kind of monster. He just seems like a highly compassionate psychologist/philosopher who wants to help others.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I still get confused why many want to portray Jordon as some kind of monster. He just seems like a highly compassionate psychologist/philosopher who wants to help others.

Jordan has, and is taking every opportunity to bring people's attention to the Marxist element that is infiltrating the university's.

This makes him a legitimate target to them, which means they can lie and cheat and manipulate situations like they did when they prevented him coming to Oxford.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I saw his Oxford talk. It was very good. I think some people come to the table hating the person without any reasonable rationality behind it. They just hate what the person stands for. Unfortunately, in many cases, what they think the person stands for is a distorted perversion they have concocted inside their own heads, and bears no resemblance to reality. Yet you cannot break through it, because their eyes and ears are already closed. They have been convinced beyond all reasonable doubt by the mob. No wonder there is so much conflict and hate in the world. All I can say is those who do want to listen to the message, they don't have to agree with it. But many do, and say it helped them. After all, his 12 Rules for Life book has nearly 25K positive reviews, which is an astonishing number on amazon.com.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The saga continues. Once again there has been a momentary spike in possible media displeasure as Biden evades answering questions from reporters.

Reporters grow frustrated as Biden team refuses questions

The Biden transition team faced no questions from journalists about Hunter Biden in its weekly briefing Friday, and it allowed only a limited number of reporters to speak.

Biden officials called on five reporters in Friday's Zoom briefing, from the New York Times, CNN, Washington Post, PBS and Politico, and ignored questions from Fox News and others.

Toward the end of the brief questioning, other reporters grew frustrated and started using Zoom's "chat" function to pressure Biden officials to provide more access.
Joe Concha, Fox News, during an TV interview, tossed in the proverbial concern of why none of these reporters started grumbling on this issue during the campaign when it would have mattered. The public has a right to know what a candidate stands for. Concha also noted that the Biden publicly team never calls on any Fox News reporters to ask a question. Clearly, the Biden publicity team is avoiding reporters who would be inclined to ask "tough" questions. In an earlier post election article:

The Hill’s Joe Concha Takes Blowtorch to Pro-Biden ‘Marshmallow Media’

Now it remains to be seen whether reporters are really growing frustrated over Biden's avoidance of taking questions and will now begin to actually print articles in their respective media outlets condemning Biden.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Besides not asking Biden tough questions, reporters (at least they claim to be) have been "protecting" Biden by also suppressing news that would be damaging to Biden. Some of that news is now emerging, though to late to affect the election in favor of Trump. Seems that apologies for failing to report the news fairly and accurately should be in order. So far no apologies offered for these ethical and journalistic lapses.

All The People Who Should Be Embarrassed About The Latest Hunter Biden News, Ranked

One very deplorable quote from the article above:
CNN’s Chief International Anchor Christiane Amanpour self-righteously declared herself a “journalist” who “follows the facts” by regurgitating Democratic talking points yet she dismissed the Hunter Biden laptop as Russian interference during an interview with RNC spokeswoman Elizabeth Harrington.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Another "small" story that demonstrates that Biden hid his agenda from the public and the complicit media failed to demand that Biden disclose his proposed policies to the electorate. Biden may cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit as soon as his first day in office. The media by purposeless avoiding asking Biden "tough" questions to disclose his agenda, meant that the public would not be aware of what proposed policies they would be voting for should be Biden be elected. Amazing how uninterested the press, whose supposed job is to inform the public, has been in reporting on Biden anticipated policies. How many more undisclosed "rabbits" will Biden be pulling out of his magicians hat?

The public was purposely deceived.

Edit (1/21/2021): Biden did cancel the Keysont XL pipeline permit. This raises both environmental and economic issues. Pipelines are environmentally superior to the transpiration of oil when compared to trucks and rail. Biden is putting people out-of-work and not representing all the people in the US as promised in his inaugural address.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Biden's press office asked journalists to send questions in advance, and they say it's undermining his promise to respect a free press

On her first day in office, the White House press secretary,Jen Psaki, pledged to bring “truth and transparency back to the briefing room,” saying she had a “deep respect for the role of a free and independent press.”
But less than two weeks into President Joe Biden’s administration, reporters are raising concerns about White House press office staffers trying to get them to give advance notice on which questions they play to ask at briefings, The Daily Beast reported.
“While it’s a relief to see briefings return, particularly with a commitment to factual information, the press can’t really do its job in the briefing room if the White House is picking and choosing the questions they want,” one unnamed White House correspondent told The Daily Beast. ... “That’s not really a free press at all.”

Another article from the Washington Times contained this quote, which is pure bunk-> ".. effort to foster a better relationship with the press ...". The obvious reason to filter the questions is to weed-out the tough, adversarial, and/or embarrassing questions. Will Biden ever take adversarial questions such as those tossed by Jim Acosta at Trump? One person commenting on the Washington Times article wrote:
I cant even imagine the crying and screaming if Trump had tried that. The good news for Biden is that the Propaganda Machine is owned by the Democrats. The Media is now at an all time low in polls of trustworthiness.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As long as Biden hides behind his mommy and she deflects for him with promises to "circle back", no tough questions will ever be answered. Sadly, those of us who knew what he was before the election are not all that surprised that he is governing by fiat. We may as well have "elected" a king for all Biden cares about consensus and cooperation. He is implementing the agenda of the Fascists as quickly as he can.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Another biased floated thought towards suggesting an Orwellian government sponsored "Ministry of Truth". How many of these "small" stories will we see before the "Ministry of Truth" blossoms into reality with police powers.

New York Times Article: How the Biden Administration Can Help Solve Our Reality Crisis
Several experts I spoke with recommended that the Biden administration put together a cross-agency task force to tackle disinformation and domestic extremism, which would be led by something like a “reality czar.”
It doesn't take much of an imagination to speculate that the "task force" will consist of the head of the Democratic Party and the chief executive officers of the social media platforms who participated in suppressing conservatives from speaking.

Joan Donovan, the research director of Harvard University’s Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy, suggested that the Biden administration could set up a “truth commission,” similar to the 9/11 Commission, to investigate the planning and execution of the Capitol siege on Jan. 6. This effort, she said, would ideally be led by people with deep knowledge of the many “networked factions” that coordinated and carried out the riot, including white supremacist groups and far-right militias. (Emphasis added)
An observation of who was cited in the article (concerning reasons why a "reality czar" would be needed) mentioned only "right wing" groups. No mention of the "disinformation" concerning Hunter Biden, "left wing" extremist group, the de-platforming of Parler, and/or social media censoring conservative thought under bogus assertions of "hate speech".

Since originally posting this video clip became available: Guy Benson: NY Times urging Biden to appoint reality czar is 'cartoonish'

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Biden makes case for $1.9T coronavirus relief plan, calls bypassing Republicans 'an easy choice'

Biden said during the brief 15-minute speech, after which he did not take reporters' questions. "I’m going to help the American people who are hurting now. What Republicans have proposed is either to do nothing or not enough."
I only caught the very tail-end of the speech. What I did catch, was Biden proposing the very liberal dispensing of money as the "solution". Emily Compagno, of Fox News, following the speech, went on to say that Biden's avocation of dispensing money really does not resolve the problem of getting the economy working again as Biden never called on Democratic governors and/or teacher unions to actually stop their obstructionist tactics. She also regretted that reporters where no able to ask questions concerning the when and how of the economy being re-opened. Biden is only throwing-out money, not actually providing leadership for getting the economy functioning again.

By ramming though this Coronovirus relief plan over Republican concerns, Biden once again documented that his call for unity and compromise in his inauguration speech was nothing more than empty rhetoric to mislead the gullible public.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Biden canceled the permit for construction of the Keystone Pipeline. That resulted in the firing of the workers working on the pipeline. A loss to jobs. In a subsequent film clip, John Kerry stated that these workers can simply find "other jobs". The implication of Kerry's remark was that these workers could immediately obtain new employment. Pater Doocy of Fox News was able to ask Jen Psaki: "Where are these jobs?". Psaki rudely evaded answering that question. The obvious fact is that these jobs do not exist. The Biden administration is refusing to answer tough questions by blowing obfuscating smoke.

Peter Doocy Blasts Jen Psaki: ‘When Do [Union Workers] Get Their Green Jobs?’

Psaki spars with Fox News' Peter Doocy over Keystone pipeline job losses
"When is it that the Biden administration is going to let the thousands of fossil fuel industry workers, whether its pipeline workers or construction workers who are either out of work or will soon be out of work because of Biden’s EO, when it is and where it is that they can go for their green jobs?" Doocy said.

Psaki's nauseating response that avoids addressing the promise of the Biden administration to create green jobs.
"Well, I’d certainly welcome you to present your data of all the thousands and thousands of people who won’t be getting green jobs," Psaki said. "Maybe next time you’re here you can present that."

This is much like Obama's vaunted (deceitful) promise to create jobs. Obama said that there were many "shovel ready" projects for those seeking work. Turns out that there were virtually no shovel ready projects. Getting back to Biden, Biden (so far) is failing to demonstrate any leadership by putting forth a green energy program that would need workers being currently laid-off by Biden's immediate cancellation of energy related projects.

Off topic, Biden has demonstrated a total lack of leadership concerning the re-opening of the public schools and calling off the Democratic attack dogs as another unjustified impeachment action against Trump is being initiated in the Senate. Biden says he wants to "follow the science" and wants to restrict travel if people don't have proof of Covid-19 testing, yet Biden has opened the border to allow illegal immigrants to enter this country without Covid-19 testing. Clearly Biden only considers "following the science" when there is a political advantage for Democrats to it. Biden's current actions demonstrate a total lack of leadership on a wide variety of issues.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Even the Canadians are P***** at Biden and it takes a lot for them to get mad at us. They didn't even get mad at Trump when he replaced NAFTA with a treaty that is more equitable for the US which means it gives away less to Canada and Mexico. Probably because the new treaty was rational and actually fair. Biden's edict is idiotic and puts thousands of people out of work and costs the companies building the pipeline millions (maybe billions) in losses based on what they've already spent. I'd start worrying about our 3,000 mile northern border which is mostly open. We're getting Iranians across the southern border who knows who the Canadians will give us if they decide we are no longer their friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom