Will Joe Biden be the next president? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:29
Even the talking heads are trying to get the mob to stop. They see how badly it is playing in Peoria. (old joke). But the mob thinks they have a chance of making this a Marxist country so they are NOT stopping.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:29
@Pat Hartman Did you see that graph of the closing odds I posted today? It doesn't look good for the Dems.

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 15:29
Even the talking heads are trying to get the mob to stop. They see how badly it is playing in Peoria. (old joke). But the mob thinks they have a chance of making this a Marxist country so they are NOT stopping.
well I don't think will ever work, Pat. Americans fight too much. Not to mention, that most people in congress actually DO have brains. their primary problem is that they're simply pissed off. Most of them have the ability, whereas a lot of those folks in the streets protesting do NOT have brains.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:29
well I don't think will ever work, Pat. Americans fight too much. Not to mention, that most people in congress actually DO have brains. their primary problem is that they're simply pissed off. Most of them have the ability, whereas a lot of those folks in the streets protesting do NOT have brains.
Huh? I think your Lithium is wearing off. You may need to re-dose.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you see that graph of the closing odds I posted today? It doesn't look good for the Dems.
I just saw it. Take it down quick. We don't want the Dem's to see it. It is far better if they think they're going to win until it is too late :)
well I don't think will ever work,
I don't think I suggested anything. I was just observing that the Marxists are on a mission and in their minds, it doesn't seem to matter whether Biden wins or not. Shussh!!! We need to stop talking about this. "They" might be listening in:)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I like watching CNN on the previous election night, gloating over the inevitable outcome, Hillary for president. Then, after a while, things start to turn to gloom.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I remember the incredible disbelief of all of the liberal "talking heads" in 2016. I won't count chickens before they hatched, so to speak, but I can use a good laugh during those election coverage programs.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I remember MY disbelief. Then I remember my joy:) But we have to stop talking positively. "They" might be listening.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Pat, unlike you, I felt no particular joy because I knew DJT was going to be a divisive force. I knew there would be controversy from day one. I agreed with what he said he would try to do but that wasn't so much based on joy. For me, it was more a feeling of relief that HRC was NOT elected. But as far as it goes, it was still a good day.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:29
How do these talking heads still have a Job?
John King - "there is no path to 270 for Donald Trump".

1598844561405.png

Now hes on the covid map

1598844790161.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What does the expression "talking heads" mean? I hear a lot of the US members using it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The typical news or commentary program format involves one or more people sitting at a desk and talking. When one is speaking, the most common camera action is to focus on them so that their face is center-screen, essentially a classic from-the-chest-up "bust" in terms of statuary. So in that situation, what we SEE is a the head of a person talking. Hence, "talking heads" for anyone who has that kind of job.

The term is often purely descriptive but can also be dismissive of the person as merely a mindless script-reader. That secondary nuance must be determined by context. For instance, Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show was a talking head, but good. Walter Cronkite was a talking head, but good. Then there are those who are popular for other reasons but not noted for their brilliance. I'll avoid naming names because in the latter context, that decision is somewhat subjective.

Reactions: Jon

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Talking Heads - Personalities on TV who offer opinion and "news". Most are empty suits and just read a tele-prompter.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Doc. Some terms from "over there" haven't yet reached "over here", although I am sure they will in time.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Doc,
Maybe you never saw any of my comments regarding how I changed my voter registration from Democrat to Republican specifically so I could vote against Trump in the primary for the exact reasons you mention. I thought he would actually be the best president but people don't change and he was going to cause heads to spin and he is still doing that four years later. I think he enjoys it. In CT you can only vote in the primary of the party with which you are registered. Given the blueness of CT, it is far better to vote in the Democrat primaries because that gives you a chance to offer an opinion on who might be the best Democrat candidate so if the Republican doesn't win in the general, maybe your less bad guy will win. Of course, once Trump won the primary, there was no way I was ever voting for Clinton. So, yes I was pleased when he won.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Pat, I saw your comments. But then again, at heart I am a Libertarian. (Not the "Chaotic Libertarian" though.) His "reduce onerous regulations" was his selling point for me.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
So what does Biden really believe?

Joe Biden Says He’s Not Banning Fracking, ‘No Matter How Many Times Donald Trump Lies About Me’
“Let me say that again: I am not banning fracking no matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me,” Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said this afternoon.

One of many such clips were Biden previously condemned fracking:

PS: When will Biden appear on the Chris Wallace show to answer tough questions (such as Biden's flip-flop on fracking), as Trump did?

Last edited:

neuroman9999

Local time
Huh? I think your Lithium is wearing off. You may need to re-dose.
I'll disregard this comment, because obviously you can't follow me like usual. However, I will tell you that I get the Lithium directly from Amy Lee herself:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
This video is very interesting, especially considering Pelosi's claims about Trump not telling the truth. Well, what about Biden...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom