Will the Democratic Coalition Start to Unravel? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:46
Now that the second Kangaroo court impeachment process has concluded, where will the Democrats put their Trump Derangement Syndrome energy?
As with the French Revolution and other revolutions of that ilk, will they begin to "eat their own". Stories of Democratic corruption are beginning to appear. Will these be followed-up by various special interest groups attacking other Democratic special interest groups since the Trump "glue" would no longer be apparent to hold the coalition together? Will the press now take an interest in exposing Democratic malfeasance. In particular Cuomo and Newsom. Might even be some interest in the how the governor of Michigan (Gretchen Whitmer) has dictatorially acted.

A smattering of recent headlines, in no particular order and with no apparent major theme.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biden staffer TJ Ducklo threatened to 'destroy' a female reporter; slapped with unpaid suspension
NYP Editorial Board: Cuomo lied and covered it up — we need a federal investigation to find the truth
Millions raised by Lincoln Project goes to companies run by group’s founders, records show
Recall Newsom campaign reaches enough signatures to potentially trigger special election
Teachers Union Refuses to Go Back to Work but Insist on Being First in Line for the Vaccine
Biden DOJ Files Appeal To Extradite Julian Assange, Ignoring Rights Groups

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:46
Cuomo, Lincoln and Gavin are a good start

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The failure of the Lincoln project was especially sweet.

1613274729848.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Biden threatened to fire any staff member who did what Ducklo did. I guess he didn't mean that either.

Trump really should have pardoned Julian Assange

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
My guess is Julian has dirt on everyone that's why he wasn't pardoned.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
My guess is Julian has dirt on everyone that's why he wasn't pardoned.
I saw a brief reference that, can't remember which Republicans, were giving Trump flack over an Assange pardon. Trump was just barely hanging on (politically), so too bad that Trump didn't have the political capital necessary to grant Assange a pardon without it hurting Trump.
------------------------------------------------------------
I just recalled this story today: Hunter Biden is 'working to unwind' investment in Chinese firm, White House says.This is going to be one of those "read the small print" to find out what "working to unwind" translates into. Hunter Biden may be "working" on this divestiture for the next 4+ years. Similar the the assertions of the teachers unions that teachers can't get back to teaching until it is "safe". With "safe" being undefined.

In creating this thread, I was thinking of progressive ideologies that are inconsistent with each other that would lead to each identity group "attacking" another identity group now that Trump hatred "glue" succeed in getting Biden elected. One example, originally "Civil Rights", promoted the concept that everyone should be treated equally. Those who still support that approach are now being usurped by those who want to use racial identity as a means for obtaining special privileges (equity). So some of my examples, like that of Hunter Biden, may seem tenuous.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Trump has gotten consistently bad advice from many of his "supporters". It's more like they were moles and were doing their best to make trouble for him. Trump is like a bull in a china shop but he has great instincts. He was almost always on target. He just needed people to clear the path so he wouldn't break anything but what he wanted to break.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Here's a an article that seems to fit in with the context of the thread. Chicago's Lightfoot suggests teachers union behaves like a 'political party'
Lightfoot, a Democrat, said her office has maintained peace with almost every single [organized labor] unit, except for the Fraternal Order of Police, and the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU), which she said has aspirations "akin to a political party."

"I think, ultimately, they’d like to take over not only Chicago Public Schools, but take over running the city government," Lightfoot added. "That’ll play itself out over time. I don’t really spend time, and certainly not in the middle of a pandemic, worrying about the politics. But politics intrudes, always."
So what has been developing is a power play between two "left" wing groups, the Chicago government and the Chicago Teachers Union.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Regan broke the air traffic controllers union. It's time to break the teacher's union. They are hurting the children for politics.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 04:46
Now that the second Kangaroo court impeachment process has concluded, where will the Democrats put their Trump Derangement Syndrome energy?
Wait. The Senate voted 57 Guilty, 43 Not Guilty. That includes Republicans who weren't intimidated by Trump supporters who threaten them with their jobs next election. Unfortunately too many of them are afraid and voted status quo.

This is what many of them are up against: House Republican shunned by family members over Trump criticism

"I did it knowing full well it could very well be terminal to my career," Kinzinger said of his vote at the time. "But I also knew that I couldn't live with myself having, you know, try to just protect it and just felt like the one time I was called to do a really tough duty, I didn't do it."

But despite many of the Republicans' unwillingness to do the right thing, even after being attacked by Trump supporters on Jan 6th, some of them support civil litigation. Don't be surprised if any of the victims decide to sue Donald personally for inciting the riot then refusing to call it off.

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Biden's town hall tonight was virtually unwatchable. Just imagine if he didn't have Anderson Cooper fixing his answers in real time. Wow. 😳

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:46
That includes Republicans who weren't intimidated by Trump supporters who threaten them with their jobs next election. Unfortunately too many of them are afraid and voted status quo.
Does that apply to Democrats too, or do you believe this only applies to Republicans? Using the same argument, a stronger claim is that the Democrats are more fearful of being intimidated because they all voted to convict Trump. None swayed the line.

If you believe it is not about politics, explain how all Democrats believe Kavanaugh is guilty, that they believe Biden is innocent of sexual assault, that Trump is guilty of Russia collusion despite no evidence. Is it a coincidence?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Biden's town hall tonight was virtually unwatchable. Just imagine if he didn't have Anderson Cooper fixing his answers in real time. Wow. 😳
In what way was it unwatchable?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
But despite many of the Republicans' unwillingness to do the right thing, even after being attacked by Trump supporters on Jan 6th, some of them support civil litigation. Don't be surprised if any of the victims decide to sue Donald personally for inciting the riot then refusing to call it off.
When those on the left speak of "doing the right thing", they conflate two themes: moral and legal. To be more precis when claiming to do the "right thing" they totally dismiss the legal aspect and only use a biased subjective moral assertions. In fact, some on the radical left even go to the extreme of advocating that a morally acceptable "right thing to do", is to physically attack a conservative to "protect" society from "vile" conservative thought.

For five years, the Democrats inflamed "hatred" as the "right thing to do" against Trump. That did not justify using the impeachment process or other extra legal methods to remove Trump form office. Hatred is not a substitute for following normal legal principles (moral vs legal). Trump committed no impeachable offense (the legal side). All those who voted for impeachment did not do the "right thing" from the legal aspect.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
In what way was it unwatchable?
We have really set the bar low, Biden's not even required to finish the incoherent thought in his empty head. That's what Anderson Cooper is for.

CNN thinks it can produce slick propaganda pieces and call it a town hall with fluff questions and no one will notice.

It's embarrassing. Not one question on Cuomo or anything regarding teachers unions holding kids hostage for pay increases.

The bar is very low for this guy, sad really.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I feel everybody is running riot whist Biden is kinda kept in the dark. I may be completely wrong but it is the impression I get.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
We have really set the bar low, Biden's not even required to finish the incoherent thought in his empty head. That's what Anderson Cooper is for.

CNN thinks it can produce slick propaganda pieces and call it a town hall with fluff questions and no one will notice.

It's embarrassing. Not one question on Cuomo or anything regarding teachers unions holding kids hostage for pay increases.

The bar is very low for this guy, sad really.
I did not see that town-hall meeting. Fortunate or unfortunate??? :unsure:
Anyway, I'll take this opportunity to point to the thread: Will Biden Ever Take Genuine Hard Questions from Reporters?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
even after being attacked by Trump supporters on Jan 6th
Let's not forget the BLM and Antifa people involved in the break-in. Why were they there? They are clearly not Trump supporters.
But despite many of the Republicans' unwillingness to do the right thing
As Steve pointed out, you are conflating legal and moral obligations. This was a "trial" and I use the term lightly. Their obligation was legal not moral. Even that POS John Roberts refused to play their silly game and did not preside as he would have if he considered the impeachment to be constitutional. Instead, the Democrats appointed a judge who was also a member of the jury and a "victim" AND had already publicly voiced his opinion that Trump was guilty. Talk about our Constitutional right to an unbiased jury. This was a kangaroo court by any stretch of the imagination. And every yes vote was spitting on the Constitution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom