Word doc to android contact (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 15:55
Is it possible to send a word doc from my laptop to a contact on my android. I have found many sites to send doc via USB but nothing on how to send to contact.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:55
Transfer it to your phone and add as an attachment.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Transfer it to your phone and add as an attachment.
Thanks for answering. While waiting for an answer I tried the instructions to upload file to android. Here is instructions "With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. On your phone, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification. Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer. A file transfer window will open on your computer."
No file transfer window opened, Tried coping word doc and pasting on documents folder on phone, That didn't work

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Download MyPhoneExplorer for android and windows and connect via WiFi. Much, much easier.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Perhaps look at a few videos first Dick?

I use MPE to backup my phone and easily move files from my phone and back. In fact my Monthly trip sheet for the community car gets transferred at the end of each week and replaced at the start of the week, with minimum fuss.
Thanks for answering. Sounds in interesting. I have move pics from my phone to laptop for years so that I could paste them on my snail mail, but have never had a need to move a word file to my phone. Only recently even have I had to use email to send letters to donors. I have about 8 right now and likely to grow. I have one right now that would prefer to his phone. Since my merge letters are on my laptop I am studying how to transfer to phone. I could send this one donor a snail mail, but thought it best to learn now before I have a a lot. I am going to take your advice and look at some videos.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You could also use WhatsApp if both you and the recipient use it.
Would still need android and windows versions though.
Why not get an email address and just email them?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
You could also use WhatsApp if both you and the recipient use it.
Would still need android and windows versions though.
Why not get an email address and just email them?
Yes, I have 8 right now that I email them an attachment, (but haven many that still want snail mail) but one has asked me if I could send it to his phone.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, I have 8 right now that I email them an attachment, (but haven many that still want snail mail) but one has asked me if I could send it to his phone.
Well if he has WhatsApp, you could do it just from your PC, but you still need the program on phone and PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom