WorkGroup: Incorrect Password or UserName (1 Viewer)

eason

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:31
I have set up a workgroup for an Access 2K db. It is on a network server (NT 4.0 sp5 with Novell). I created the shortcut and put in the path to both the work group and db:

"C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "\\Path to .mdb" /WRKGRP "\\Same Path to .mdw"

When I copy the short cut to a users desktop and click on the shortcut I get a network error like this:

Enter Network Password
Incorrrect Password or Unknown User Name for:\\computer\c$

The computer is my computer. Does anyone know a work around for this or what I'm doing wrong???

D

DJN

I use this type of shortcut for Access 2 databases on our Novell system, without any problem

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "DriveLetter:\ACCESS\FolderName\DatabaseName.MDB" /wrkgrp DriveLetter:\security\sysprod.mda

Try it and see.

Hope it helps.

David

eason

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:31
It is not that I have tried it with the drive name in the path but get the same error. I use the \\ because different computers have differant paths. By using \\ it will connect no matter what the drive is.

Any one else have an idea?????

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 05:31
Why is the path to the server based db different for different users?

Autoeng

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
For the same reason I use the UNC path because some users are in different groups and their home LAN drive is different. This works for our groups using an NT network with Access 97.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" /wrkgrp "\\Server\Partition\Folder\SecuredWorkgroup.mdw" "\\Server\Partition\Folder\TestDB.mdb" /user UserLogonName

HTH

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Oh. I don't know enough about referencing multiple servers to comment any further.

Autoeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom